“Peaceful stay, fantastic food and lovely rooms.”

Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed with my sister, and we had access to the private spa facilities which were great. Robes and slippers were provided and the place was all clean which was really important for us. Food in the evening was lovely and there was a really good selection for breakfast too.

Room was a great size and it seemed like they all had access to the garden or balconettes. Beds were really comfortable, the usual refreshments all included.

Only pitfall really is cost - especially if you want treatments, and be sure to use their quick check out as opposed to going to reception in the morning as it can be really busy.

Service was great though and I couldn't really fault them on anything. Great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, indulging in the Award Winning facilities SenSpa has on offer.

I look forward to welcoming both you and your sister back again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel was poor for the price, certainly not worth the cost. Swimming pool and spa facilities average if you don't pay extra to upgrade to the hydrotherapy facilities (senspa). And even then I was surprised at the lack of facilities on offer. Simple showers in the hydrotherapy area would be nice. Windows in pool area dirty. Sauna and steam room in pool area are minute and dated!

Certain parts of the hotel were shabby. It's a lovely country manor hotel just wished the rest of the hotel matched the feel of the old country manor house (that being where the reception is located etc). Our room was shabby, wardrobes tatty and didn't close properly. Toilet extremely hard to flush. No in-room entertainment. There was a tv with freeview but that's about it. Pay for view movies would've been a nice addition or movie channels perhaps.

The senspa was ok but I wouldn't rate it as a luxury spa at all, average I would say. The relaxation rooms are nice though, probably the best bit along with the hydrotherapy pool.

Manor restaurant for dinner was lovely but then that is expected for the price. Breakfast was good on the first day and dire on the second. I ordered poached eggs and they were hard :-( second round were slightly better but still on the hard side. That's the first time I've ever seen that in a food establishment ever!

All in all average and not worth paying full price :-(

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oakwood garden room, it was ok but not a £200 a night room by any means!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your constructive review following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with aspects of your stay, your feedback being quite adverse to the praise we normally enjoy.

I do hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future, confidant we could restore lost faith.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for valentines weekend on the Saturday night and had a SenSpa treatment and 3 course dinner in the evening before staying in the hotel. Everything was great and staff very friendly. Perfection in the spa and highly recommend the Rhassul treatment.

Room Tip: Make it down at 9am for breakfast as they stop serving at 10am and you'll miss the eggs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am delighted you enjoyed your break with us over the Valentines weekend. I am very greatful of your kind praise towards the hotel and team and will be sharing this with all.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel is closer to the road than you might expect. It's literally just off the "main drag". However the frontage is very pleasing. The lobby is all oak with an open fire. We were there in early October and the fire was on. The weather was not cold and the fire unnecessary but it made it feel very homely. We had a room in the new wing. Very nicely decorated and quite contemporary. The room was very spacious and although on the 1st floor had sliding patio style doors but no balcony. The bathrooms in their day would have been spot on. However they were starting to show their age. The wash basin was cracked and the towel rail beginning to come away from the wall. The leisure facilities were spot on. This is why we chose this hotel. The main pool was warm with a large hot Jacuzzi. However the thermal suite was breathtaking. There is an additional charge to use this but its worth it. The gym fantastically equipped. There are three restaurants. One sort of spa/poolside dining, a formal restaurant and a bistro type. The formal restaurant was to high brow for us. Plus we had just got off a P & O ship in Southampton. So we plumbed for the bistro. It had no atmosphere at all. There was a old Citroen Dianne crashed in to a wall as part of the decor, it was all kind of reminiscent of a "Parisian street" It didn't work! The food was OK but nothing special. Breakfast was served in the formal restaurant, all very pink but nice enough. I wont bore you with tales of breakfast as it was faultless. There is a pub about 8 mins walk away on the same side of the road. We had a look in there and if we stay here again will prob. dine there in the evening.

Room Tip: If you like a more modern feel stay in the garden wing, for that chintzy old English feel use the ma...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa last October.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, making full use of our Award Winning facilities in SenSpa. I was sorry to learn that the interior design of Le Blaireau Bistro & Bar was not to you taste and do hope it didn't mar the overall enjoyment of your stay.

Thank you for you comments regarding the maintainence of the bathroom. I will be looking into this with our Maintainence Manager.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel has friendly and extremely attentive staff. Spa facilities are excellent with a fantastic variety of saunas, steam rooms, hydrotherapy pool and relaxation rooms. We ate in the Manor restaurant for dinner and in the Zen Garden Thai restaurant for breakfast and lunch - food was excellent as was the service! Room very comfortable and over looked a pretty courtyard garden.

Only one small critisism, wardrobe shelves very dusty and after putting clothes on them it had left the clothes covered in dust! Just needs a bit if a wipe!!

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit thanks to the staff and facilities, highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel and SenSpa.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and am very grateful of your praise towards the team.

I am very sorry that you discovered dust in the wardrobe of your bedroom. Thank you for highlighting this as I will bring this to the attention of our Head Housekeeper.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We came here for three days for my birthday and had a lovely, relaxing time.
The food was very nice but the only problem was the menu didn't change the whole time we were there so ended up having the same thing twice as two out of the four dishes we both didn't like.
We had a very relaxing massage and spent the afternoon in the hydrotherapy pool area well worth spending the money to go in that area!! We felt a bit lost as we wasn't shown or told about the spa areas and even when we checked in at hotel reception we wasn't shown around the hotel at all.
The room was lovely, very comfortable beds, the bathroom looked lovely but having my own cleaning business I was looking a bit deeper into the cleaning maybe more then others. The shower head needs replacing as metal is peeling off and having a tall partner his head was right against the shower head and bits were coming off on his head. Needs a little shine to taps and silver etc. maybe I'm being a bit picky but my standards are quite high.
But we were very happy the whole time we were there and will definitely return as we love the new forest and its a lovely place to relax!

• Stayed: February 2013

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, indulging in our Award Winning facilities in SenSpa. I apologise that you were not given a full tour of the facilities in SenSpa, and also shown around the Hotel itself. We endevour to show every guest around both the hotel & SenSpa as we like everyone to feel they are staying at a 'home away from home'. I will be looking into why these services were not extended to you and again, am very sorry for this oversight.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the showerheads in the bathroom. I have made note of this and will be following this up with our Head Housekeeper.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Plus side - superb staff service. Very helpful and friendly. We queried the bill and it was sorted out with the minimum of fuss. I was happy to see that they give you a lift from the train station & offer 10% off the bill if you travelled by train. 4 stars for the staff!

Food - was not great. Pretty average in fact. I must admit I was disappointed with the afternoon tea. However I did enjoy the Thai restaurant. But generally given how expensive food & drink was - you would expect a better quality.

Spa - was fun but smaller than I imagined. Still it was relaxing. (Just look out for idiots who walk off with your towelling robe that hold your locker key & glasses & don't have the wit to give them back to you but leave them lying in the changing room - selfish idiots!!)

Decor - nice big bedroom with french window and a good sized bathroom. However the hotel does look very tired and somewhat dated. Nice big fires but really could do with face lift.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am disappionted that you felt let down by certain aspects of your stay. Your feedback regarding our afternoon tea offering is quite adverse to the praise we normally receive, and I will be following this up with our Executive Chef with interest.

Thank you for you kind towards the team, it is greatly appreciated and will be shared with all.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Beaulieu
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!