Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
  • Breakfast included
$200
$194
Travelocity
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)(Great Value!)
$101
  • Breakfast included
Forest Park Hotel(Brockenhurst)
TripAdvisor
The Pig(Brockenhurst)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
2,684 results
All reviewsthai restaurantzen gardenhydrotherapy poolcambium restaurantle blaireauspa facilitiesoakwood garden roomspa breaknew forestmud treatmentwonderful sparelaxation roomsteam room and saunamain restaurantafternoon teabirthday treatrelaxing stay
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Only way to sum up our two night break in this New Forest hotel. Old world charm, but in excellent condition. On arrival no record on our Booking.com reservation, but we had their email. After 2 minutes wait Tom the manager sorted us out with an upgrade to the Manor Suite which was marvellous; cannot thank him enough, true professional and service of the highest quality. Staff attentive and friendly with no pretentions. Breakfast first class, try the smoked haddock & poached egg. Ate at the Thai and French eating places and they were first rate. Spa facilities are a must and good fun, try the ice bucket! We can't wait to go back, gotta start saving though! Thanks to all at Carey's for a wonderful two days. Can't think of one minus point.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
JRHJ, General Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback of your recent stay at Careys Manor.

I was sorry to learn of the oversight with your booking but take comfort in the level of aftercare that my colleague extended which was the very least we could do under the circumstances.

Your kind words towards Tom, the team and hotel facilities are greatly appreciated and we look forward to being able to welcome you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Well, where to start! Our ten year Wedding anniversary got off to an unexpected start - my wife sobbing, and not through joy, on entering our allocated room (number 88)! I can only assume that the reviews to date have been written by :- 1) people who have been no where near room 88
2) those under the influence of mind altering substances
or
3) or those with alterior motives.
In short, I would go out of my way to avoid even passing the door of this so called 4* hotel! The only saving grace was that the manager agreed to give us a full refund as we could not bear to stay in such a dreadfully run down, tatty, smelly, grubby environment.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Sean L

I was very disappointed to learn that we did not meet to your expectations; a review in great contrast to others which leaves me saddened.

You have my most sincere apologies and I do hope you were able to salvage your wedding anniversary in a spot more fitting to your liking.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

We wanted to escape busy, stressful London that's why the choice of peaceful forest far away from everything.
On the arrival we were disapointed that the hotel is on the main road, busy road. Our enthusiasm faded a bit but we parked at the rear parking and made our long way to the reception. Long, dark, very narrow corridors made us question our choice. Reception area was dated but the staff very friendly and helpful. Finally we got to our room, through the same narrow corridor, and surprise! very tasteful and comfy and we were happy again. After long walk in the beautiful New Forrest we enjoyed lovely Sen Spa with big swimming pool. Hotel charges extra for use of hydro spa but it's worth the money. Relaxed and pampered we headed for Thai restaurant where we had delicious dinner to complete our day.
Next day after morning swim and light breakfast we were on the way back to reality.

• Stayed: September 2011

Indeed Careys Manor is a great spot to retreat from the hustle and bustle of London life and we are delighted that you enjoyed your overnight stay with us. Careys is only 90 minutes from London by train, and we offer all of our guests that leave the car at home a car-free discount and free transfers to and from Brockenhurst Train Station, not even 5 minutes from the hotel.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Careys Manor in the future.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

Just had a 2 night stay at Careys Manor Hotel, it is not the cheapest hotel but worth paying a little extra to have the use of a pool and well equipped gym. The staff are friendly, polite and happy to help. We had a fire alarm low battery bleeping at 5.30 in the morning (not the best time) but the night porter was out within 2 minutes of calling to take the offending alarm away ! The room was comfortable with a really nice little shared garden and each room had a bench to sit out on.
Now for my pet hate - pay above average for a hotel room but still have to get up to serve myself my breakfast and stand around waiting for toast to cook or burn in my case - Please stop using buffet style breakfast, I would like my breakfast served to me at my table. This would also mean that the breakfast would be fresh and hot rather than luke warm and not so fresh.....

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your much valued feedback of your stay at Careys Manor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay but sorry to learn of the disruption to your night’s sleep. We have recently had a new fire detection system installed at the hotel, removing the need to have battery operated detectors in each room, which have now all been replaced with fully managed detectors.

We offer both a plated and buffet style service at Breakfast so our guests may enjoy the option that best meets their preference. I am sorry that our plated service was not apparent for you to enjoy but trust you will take advantage of this for your next stay.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Loved the calm and friendly feel here. Our room was spacious, contemporary and private - all the facilities from the pool,jacuzzi,and restaurants were just what we needed for a perfect break. Took along bikes and had some excellent bikes rides through new forest , made all the more enjoyable knowing a sauna would follow. Staff were all so helpful and happily showed us a range of rooms for our return - which we hope to soon.can thoroughly recommend

• Stayed: September 2011

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your break with us and managed to get out on the bikes to explore all the natural beauty the New Forest has to offer.

The team and I look forward to seeing you return to the hotel soon.