Spent a night in "the pig sty" in February, although we have eaten here numerous times before. The room was clean, well finished and has plenty of room for two adults and two children. The living room is well laid out and has a log burner, which was lovely as it was cold and wet outside. The master bedroom has a large, comfortable bed, with views over the open countryside. The second bedroom has bunk beds, which the kids loved. The food was excellent as usual, and the staff even let us have the private dining room to ourselves as we had friends staying with us.
Overall, a fantastic place to stay and eat - staff always friendly and a relaxed, not too formal atmosphere - not cheap, but certainly well worth the money.
Will certainly be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire