Stayed for a night & had supper in hotel restaurant.
Here's a quick summary of positives:
Very welcoming and helpful staff throughout our stay. Room (a short walk from main hotel) warm, super decor, spotless, comfy king bed. Supper in hotel conservatory restaurant - it's bistro / shabby chic in style. Not overly expensive, good quality local produce, reasonable choice of decent wines but it was very, very busy. Cosy lounge areas with log fires, to have a drink before or after supper. Breakfast was excellent - eggs royale cooked to perfection!
A few niggles (only minor details) local train runs at boundary of hotel grounds and can be heard from room. If guest had mobility issues -need to check which room they'd be in as the walk from the piggery rooms to restaurant was a bit hazardous in the dark. It was quite an expensive night away - £300+,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire