We were invited to join our daughter and son-in-law for dinner at The Pig on a Saturday evening. They had a two night stay at the hotel, we were invited to take a look at the room before we embarked on a 'tour' of the walled garden. Their room was ok, but at £200 per night it should be but their gripe was that at that price, breakfast should have been included in the price! Shameful of the hotel management at squeezing yet more money from customers for an 'ok' room.
The hotel interior has a shabby chic design, giving it a much more casual feel rather than a 'stuffy & staid' atmosphere of some pretentious establishments. The food, as has been mentioned in previous reviews, has all been sourced within a 25 mile radius, appreciated by our group.
The various starters and main courses were all well cooked & presented, no complaints here. My only real gripe, i believe the shabby chic feel has been taken a step too far by using mis-matching cutlery! This is an absolute no-no at home let alone in a restaurant that is far from cheap, so a request to the management, matching cutlery, please?
All in all, an enjoyable evening at The Pig and would happily return - but matching cutlery please!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire