After taking the 13.12 train to Bournemouth on Thursday from Clapham Junction, I met my husband after a work meeting and drove straight from there to The Pig. We arrived to what felt like a country home away from home. The attention to detail was nailed, thus giving it a chilled and elegant atmosphere. It is truly a private country house experience with a library room, a sitting room and a laid back bar, all with firing log fireplaces. The conservatory-styled restaurant was situated in the following room, all lit with stunning scones and candles. The staff were very well trained, catering to the minor details, such as putting an extra log in the fire while passing by. The Maitre D' came over and took our order while we finished our drinks in front of a raging log fire, in a very professional yet friendly way. Our table was amongst climbing plants in a glass conservatory. I ordered the escalope with capers and my husband had hake. It was delicious, local sourced food, cooked in a simple way. YUM! When it came to the rooms, again, no detail was missed. It was cosy, romantic, comfortable and cool at the same time!!
We are already planning on returning for our next escape!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire