Read about this place for a while .. so booked as xmas present for my husband....miserable weather all weekend .. torrential downpours so unfortunately couldn't make the most of the grounds or local area. So we settled in by the fire and ordered gin and tonics! :-)
Great atmosphere here .. relaxed ..lots of rooms with comfy sofas and fires.
We stayed in Pig Shed ....could watch the chickens from our window
I guess you come here for the food ... the restaurant has a great informal setting.. tables are allocated as you arrive and it does get busy...once seated service was very good .. getting attention at bar areas can be more difficult. Menu was interesting but lacked appeal to us. Food was good but not amazing.
A great escape for a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire