Had heard a lot about this place and know some of the founders. A really great job has been done on the place. Very relaxed on the one hand but you are given the slight feeling that they want your chair for the next sitting.My wife had the Bath chap or pigs cheek to you and I and thought it was fantastic with the best crackling she has ever had. Not for he squeamish as still had the teeth Attatched ! M air dried ham with wild mushrooms and duck eggs on toast was tasty, but frankly rather dull. Plenty f places to sit if you could while away a few hours happily.......if the waitresses let you!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire