If your normal stay is a Marriot or Hilton, this may blow you away - Set in the beautiful New Forest, a well appointed country house, the staff are courteous and polite, the snug room clean, traditional and well appointed, with good size ensuite, with separate power shower and roll top bath, original wooden floors throughout, and all the little individual extras that make a personal stay that much nicer, so far removed from the corporate - blah blah boxes, a pleasure - with areas to relax in front of a roaring open fire, to read, chat have a drink and unwind.
My wife and I had been looking forward to the " Pig " as a dining experience, and I think it may just have been us, it was nice, but not outstanding, I felt a little rushed - possibly a 9pm table didn't help, and maybe my black pudding starter a little to strong in flavour for my following pork, we retired to the snug, with no offer of dessert or coffee.
Breakfast - a full range of cereals and juices, cakes, eggs, full traditional fry to fresh honey off comb, excellent range and good value at £15 each.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire