Went here for my birthday - based on a recent magazine article - and were not disappointed. Beautiful house in stunning grounds. Staff were extremely friendly, helpful and approachable. Our room (No. 6) was very comfortable, well appointed and had a lovely view of the front lawn and a huge pig sculpture. The food in the restaurant for dinner was absolutely excellent, and the wine and dessert wine were excellent - a very extensive list! The bar was warm and cosy for having a nice pre-dinner drink in relaxed surroundings. We had coffee after dinner in the lovely library room at a very leisurely pace. Dinner was unhurried, however staff in restaurant were overly attentive and this was detraction from the experience. The only other criticism was that the whole house especially the bedroom was rather overheated and made it difficult to get indecent nights sleep - also our room was clearly over one of the main downstairs room and I was kept awake from early morning buy noise of moving chairs etc about.
We did not manage to try breakfast as we were still full up from the meal the evening before! But menu did look extensive and had something to suit every palette and taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire