“Magical and Enchanting stay at Broad Oak”
Review of Broad Oak

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brockenhurst
Broad Oak
Ranked #13 of 30 Brockenhurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have just returned from our 3 night stay at Broad Oak which we thoroughly enjoyed! The New Forest is an amazing place with many bike and walking trails combined with pretty little villages and cute shops to either browse or spend in!
What really made our stay magical was Sue & Mike and Broad Oak! On arrival, Sue came out to meet us to guide us in and then spent some time with us letting us know everything we needed to and having a little chin wag too which was lovely!! The fridge and cupboards were stocked by the fairies and we had no shortage of supplies for any meals including making pack ups for our days out! Broad Oak has stacks of charming and enchanting things to look at in the room and around the house and there is an endless supply of interesting books which, in the relaxing atmosphere of the room - we chose Romany Vardo - were a pleasure to browse through! Sue made sure our every need was catered for including providing us with little soaps to try and recommending tea shops/restaurants/places to go while we were there. Finally, on our departure, Sue asked us to choose a parting gift from the door within the tree in her front garden which finished the weekend perfectly. We would love to stay again and if we find ourselves in that neck of the woods any time in the future, we will certainly pop in to say hi!!han

Rachel & Nathan xx

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have just returned from a two week stay and had to write a review. i have travelled the world and never felt so welcomed and cared for as i did in Broad Oak. The beautiful house became a home for my stay ( my room was the Romany Vardo). The room was a mimic of a romany caravan with catering facilities and ensuite , complete with crystal ball and goblins! Sue, Mike and Beau are amongst the most caring , wonderful people I have ever met and I feel priveledged to have stayed in their home. Will definitely go to stay again when I want some TLC!

Room Tip: Romany Vardo is very compact but the Princess and Pea and The Magic Carpet are more roomy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Have just spent 2 weeks in Brockenhurst on a course, and both Sue and Mike could not do enough to make may stay comfortable and stress free. They are both hosts who really care about their guests. The room (princess & the Pea), was extremely comfortable with all the facilities you could wish for! The bed is a beautiful raised bed with one of the most comfy mattresses I've slept on, there are facilities in the room to do all the cooking you need to and a magic fridge that keeps replenishing itself! The room is at the top of the house in is bright and airy. Broad Oak is only 5/10 min walk to the town and all of its facilities. I will certainly visit the New Forrest again in the future, and I will certainly make sure I stay with Sue and Mike at Broad Oak, I felt like one of the family! Thank You!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I attended a wedding at the nearby Rhinefield House, and took the opportunity to spend a couple of nights down in beautiful Brockenhurst. We opted to stay at the Broad Oak after a recommendation from some friends who were also staying and attending the wedding....we made the right choice.

I was picked up at the station by the owner (Sue), who provided me with a lovely short tour of the village. Once in the room (enchanted forest room i think) I found a fully stocked fridge, including smoked salmon and carrot cake - both delicious! This is the sort of extra care provided that really made us feel at home. It was also terrific value compared to a hotel.

The location is a nice 10 minute walk into the village centre, which means it is both accessible and tranquil.There were a troop of horses outside the house when we left for a morning stroll which was great (although not entirely unique to Broad Oak). The room was uniquely decorated and the whole house has a wonderful eccentricity about it which I feel sets it apart from others.

We had a terrific night in Brockenhurst followed by a wonderful wedding at Rhinefield house, and I would thoroughly recommend the New Forest as a "Must Visit" place. Furthermore I can't speak highly enough of the Broad Oak as a place to stay. Sue really did as much as possible to make us feel welcome, picked us up, provided great food, and even bought us a present for our daughter when she heard it was her birthday.

If you are one of those people that wants a non-cluttered, simply furnished place to stay, then maybe this isn't the place for you. However I urge anyone with a greater degree of individuality to choose Broad Oak - you won't be disappointed

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in the Princess & the Pea, & everything was fantastic! Very comfy bed, quality food (mainly organic), wine, sweets & treats including strawberries & cream & smoked salmon...yum!! The bathroom was full of bath/shower products, shampoo etc. I cant think of anything that wasn't provided. Sue gave us lifts to & from the station, and showed us all the paths home from the various restaurants. Nothing was too much trouble. Lovely location, very quiet, yet only 10 mins to the village centre. Perfect. We will definately go back to fairyland!! Sue & Mike make Broad Oak unique.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a fantastic 3-night stay at Broad Oak and are already planning our stay here next year! Sue made our stay extremely special with her amazing hospitality, attention to detail and lovely personal touches. She cares about her guests experience in the New Forest and is keen to make informed suggestions about places to visit and places to eat. We were suitably impressed by her willingness to go out of her way for us, offering to drive us into the village to watch the Olympic torch, without being intrusive.

We stayed in the Princess and the Pea apartment, which we absolutely loved.......in particular, the bed was amazing and extremely comfy!! I had some of the best night's sleep I've ever had and can't wait to return and enjoy another relaxing and magical stay at Broad Oak.

1  Thank Mcquizzle
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This place is truely a little gem in the New Forest- me and my boyfriend had an absolutely lovely stay here for 4 nights- I really can't speak highly enough of it! Sue is fantastic; helping me organise my stay at the last minute, through to driving us to the restaurant one evening. My stay was filled with personal touches, I returned home from a hard days mountaining biking to find Sue had left me some radox muscle soak... And, my washing up had even been done for me!

We stayed in the Romany Vardo room, which was as the website says, perfectly proportioned. Even with my inability to pack lightly, there was plenty of space for our luggage.

I found it was the perfect base to go mountaining biking (bike hire is about 10mins walk away), kayaking on the River Beaulieu and visiting the local villages.

Sue provided plenty of food, enough for a hearty breakfast, packed lunch and cooked meal every night- not to mention a bottle of wine, cider and chocolate cake- yum!

Lovely place, lovely people.

Room Tip: I had a look at all the rooms during my stay; all beautiful and with their own theme. Romany Vardo i...
1  Thank Emma R