“Lovely Riding in the New Forest”

Forest Park Riding Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a hacking centre located right in the heart of Brockenhurst, in the New Forest National Park. We house 15 horses and ponies of varying height and breed, there is something suitable for everyone! We offer direct forest access and welcoming, friendly staff. We are one of few hacking centres that can offer cantering for the experienced riders, as well as walk and trot rides for any ability of rider. Please visit our website for full details and to have a peek at the gallery!
Reviewed April 30, 2011

My boyfriend and I went on the 1 hour mixed ability hack. There were about 9 people of varying abilities but once you are assessed (and have proven ability) you can go for canters with one of the several escorts. There is also trotting for those who can rise to trot to a good standard and beginners are taught along the way how to trot if they wish to participate which is a really nice touch. If you just want to stay at walk thats fine too - there were enough escorts to accomodate everbody. Beautiful healthy looking horses . It is run with safety at the foremost so those who don't want to keep in line should look elswhere. Really enjoyed it and will probably book a 2 hour one next time - soon! (The majority of our hack was over open but flat level ground which is my preference as oppose to hilly with spectacular views - Im not keen on heights). We did however see many wild ponies, some ginger long horned cows (cute) and a baby deer along with numerous birds and dog walkers. A great start to the day and the staff were nice and friendly. Big thankyou to my lovely pony Gwynne and my boyfriends handsome beast Charlie for being so well behaved :-)

2  Thank Perkin

Reviewed March 14, 2011

My daughter (age 16) and I went out for a fabulous hack on the two hour 9am advanced ride with Sue. Our horses were well-suited to us, the scenery was amazing and we lost count of the number of canters (at least a dozen, probably more). We ride regularly and have hacked out in several places around the UK, but this was the best hack we have ever had - thank you Sue! We would certainly recommend this hack to experienced riders. :)

1  Thank CharlotteS123
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I myself am a total beginner but my girlfriend is an experienced rider. I booked us on the 1 hour mixed ability hack and was not disappointed! We were greeted by helpful and well presented staff and my girlfriend was particularly impressed with the condition of all of the horses. We were taken onto the forest in a group of about 12 people with 4 members of staff. I was kept to a walk to begin with but taught how to 'trot' which was a slow jog, halfway round the ride. My girlfriend was able to split off and do 'cantering' then join back to my group again. All the horses were very well behaved and the only people that were told to stay in line were the people trying to do their own thing on the horses and ignoring the instructions of the staff! This was a lovely yard and i would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to give horse riding a go!

Reviewed April 26, 2010

Bossy, and kept telling you to keep in line, like being a child at school. Very regimented and the dullest hack I have ever experienced. Nothing enjoyable about this walk, not even a hack, and did not even bother to ask about your riding skills.

3  Thank SussexCorkie
Reviewed November 4, 2009

What a great ride in the new forest. Small stables but good horses. We took a 2 hr ride through the forest, crossing streams, over heath land passing wide ponies and red deer. Our leader kept the pace interesting and we didn't just plod along. Cantering on long straight paths was fabulous. What a great morning, we loved it!