The Blacksmith's House
Ranked #6 of 31 Brockenhurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed in the 'Cat and Fiddle' room for 2 nights - the room was beautiful, had a lot of character, and plenty of room for 3 of us to get ready! We arrived to delicious homemade cakes, biscuits and scones - some of the best I have tasted. Tracey (owner) was extremely friendly, offering extensive knowledge of Brockenhurst and its surrounding areas and suggested some fantastic walks and 'things to do'.
Breakfast was really enjoyable, with plenty of food, which you are also encouraged to use to make sandwiches for your day - sitting around the big table was also a great way to meet new people and share ideas about activities.

I think this is honestly the best B&B I have ever stayed in, and is was completed by such friendly hospitality! If you would like somewhere to stay in Brockenhurst, stay here, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
blacksmithshouse, Owner at The Blacksmith's House, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I really enjoy having a B&B and it is lovely to share the knowledge of the area to ensure guests get the most out of their stay.
I do hope you will come back and remember to take advantage of the 10% discount for returning guests friends and family.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I don't think I've ever been to a B&B where afternoon tea was on offer, plus you were encouraged to make sandwiches for lunch, which was perfect for us since we were cycling for 2 days. We liked sitting at a large table for breakfast and talking to a few other guests. Tracy told us about her passion for fly fishing and encouraging other women to join in; another first. No problem leaving the car for the day after we had checked out either. The owner has the best attitude about running a B&B that I have come across in a while; fresh milk, homemade treats and comfortable rooms 2 minutes from Brockenhurst station.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

I try to make it like you are coming to stay with a favorite aunt. You know how to get in and there is always something to eat.
so glad you enjoyed your stay. remember you get a 10% discount if your book or recommend a friend to book through our website.
kind regards

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Beautiful breakfasts, continental style. Encouraged to make sandwiches if you are a walker/cyclist and when you get back from a long forest walk there are home made scones and cake waiting on the table for you.

Tracy (B&B owner) is friendly and accomodating and has extensive local knowledge which she is willing to share. From a personal point of view the icing on the cake was being allowed to take my well behaved dog with me to enjoy our stay.

Would I stay again - definitely and would I recommend it to others - without doubt.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with IKnowUK

So pleased you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful New forest
Remember if you recommend to your friends and they book through our website they will get a 10% discount on a stay of 2 days or more.
kind regards

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We paid for 3 rooms for two nights. Overall all a lovely experience. Yes you let yourself in, but that's no problem. You are greeted by fresh scones and cake. Tae and coffee facilities with no restrictions on milk or tea bags! Breakfast buffet ( non full English) was delightful. Loved the fresh drop scones. Comfy bed, small dog made very welcome, he misses Buddy by the way!
Any slight issues, thoughtfully and effectively sorted.
Would recommend for welcome, comfort and location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

So pleased you enjoyed the scones, and hope that you will come back again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stopped for one night expecting nothing more than a room for the night. However, it was more than just a room. Homemade cakes on arrival and a gorgeous room with a very welcoming atmosphere. Tracy was excellent and was advising other guests on nice routes for their day out cycling. Overall very homely and a lovely place to stay. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
blacksmithshouse, Owner at The Blacksmith's House, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

So pleased you enjoyed your stay. If you come back., please take advantage of our 10% discount for returning guests, this also applies to people who book on recommendation.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have just spent a week at the Blacksmiths House on a family holiday, the location is great in the middle of the New Forest, and we were well looked after by Tracy and Lily. A great place for dinner is Palio, in the old Railway Station building . The Goodalls , Adelaide, Australia

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
blacksmithshouse, Owner at The Blacksmith's House, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you to stay. I keep thinkging of you still in transit on your way home I hope the journey has been simple.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed for six nights in the Blacksmith's House (during the heat wave!) while in town for a floral design workshop and found it ideal for me. Traveling alone from the U.S., Tracy's warm and gracious manner immediately made me feel welcome after a very long first day of plane, bus and train travel. My room was just right for me, small enough to feel cozy, generous enough for the things I brought. And I'm a cat lover so I felt right at home in the Cat room! I liked being able to prop myself up on the bed and be able to see out the window as Brockenhurst life went by.

When the hop on, hop off tour bus hopped away in Milton-on-Sea and left me stranded for nearly three hours, Tracy immediately intervened. She promptly called the bus company on my behalf and as they were looking into what happened, she personally gave me a refund on the ticket price before I left, assuring me she would be reimbursed by the bus company in the near future. I certainly hope that has happened.

I loved the openness of Tracy's style of hosting. Scones and other wonderful homemade baked goods were always available. There were lots of choices for jazzing up a scone. For example, I had never had a scone with Nutella before, but I tried it and liked it! She even opened her kitchen to a 13-year-old girl from Austria and by the time I left, the young chef was producing superb pancakes for the breakfast table each morning. I ate way too many!

Tracy and her assistant, Lily, are people persons. They are insightful, attentive and helpful. Sure, the weather was hot and I noticed grumpy British at every turn as I overheard conversations around town. But, hey, I was to return home at the end of the week to 35 C , so I don't really know what they were complaining about!

Thanks Tracy for making my solo trip warm, safe and comfortable!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

I was a pleasure to have you to stay. Thank you so much for the amazing floral displays they have decorated the dining room until today. Friday. I trust you got home safely and that the experience will be reflected in all your coming work.