“Lovely Setting and Delicious Lunch”
Review of Le Blaireau

Le Blaireau
Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in Brockenhurst
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We enjoyed lunch here on several occasions and are always keen to return. The food is decidedly French and very well prepared. Staff are very hospitable and service is excellent. The restaurant is part of Carey's Manor Hotel. It is set in a lovely garden and the entrance is beneath a grape vine archway. We seem to return at every opportunity.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was reluctant to post this review as I didn't want to tell everyone how great this restaurant was I wanted to keep it as a secret for myself! Its so fantastic.
The staff were so friendly and very happy to give recommendations for wine and food choices. The atmosphere was perfect, lovely french music in the background and it was busy with people without being too noisy.
The food was outstanding. I had the duck and my boyfriend had the lamb and we landed up fighting over sharing our deserts as they were so tasty. Excellent wine list too.
It was great value for such lovely food and I really look forward to visiting again. It made my birthday feel so special. Merci beaucoup!

1  Thank Tiffanypurple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Me and my wife decided to visit the new forest after we were unable to book at the hotel du vin in winchester for some oysters !!! We checked out tripadvisor and being a french restaurant we decided on le blaireau and so pleased we did .The food, service,etc was exceptional from our starter our middle course of snails and our mains could not fault a thing .Will definately be back and as we run a busy tourist pub in winchester it will be a pleasure to send them here if they visit the forest !!!!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

A late dinner on a Sunday night after a very busy day of walking in the beautiful countryside. This restaurant was only about half a mile from where we stayed in Brockenhurst and we were greeted by a young man who was an absolute asset to the restaurant. Superb service including a greeting by name (we had booked for 9 o'clock so they were expecting us but it was a nice touch). A nice evening, food was great, service was great and I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank MikeyBEssex
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Family celebration so mixed ages ,but we all had a fab time - food,service friendly and unobtrusive ,my confit de canard divine ! As others have mentioned my teenage son totally enjoyed his sea bass raving about the sauce- a must try next visit! Ideal for whenever we need a top up of frenchness ! Superb as always