“Best restaurant in Brockenhurst”
Review of Le Blaireau

Le Blaireau
Ranked #10 of 62 Restaurants in Brockenhurst
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great Food, Great Service, Great Price...what more could you ask for.

Only downside is they do not serve all the wines on the list per glass. Minimum purchase of 1 bottle

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have just returned from yet another splendid meal at Le Blaireau. We have been eating there for some time and are always happy to return for a celebration or just a quick but excellent coffee.The service is friendly but unobtrusive and the ambiance as authentic as you can get this side of the English Channel.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My fiancée and I dined here as all the other restrains we full. The greeter was a very enthusiastic and pleasant chap, it was a shame that the rest of the service did we not as eager to serve. After waiting 40 mins for moules frites (nice) and duck breast (tough, but in a tasty sauce), we chose profiteroles. They were straight out of the freezer and not worth £6.50 for two balls of ice cream wrapped in stale choux pastry. The waiting staff, who had been impossible to attract) were not interested as to why I had only eaten two bites of my dessert, but they were too busy.
The overall experience was pas mal (pleasant atmosphere and interesting street cafe decor kept us amused while waiting), but the food and quality of service did not match the steep price.
Food Cafe Rouge, but sticking +25%.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Excellent food and beautifully presented. Lovely ambience. Staff very attentive. Very good value for money. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I booked this to celebrate 2 friends 50 wedding anniversary. Never been here before and didn't read any reviews so a bit of a risk, but I needn't have worried. The staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive without being intrusive. The decor was very atmospheric, even at lunch time and the food was excellent. Six persons with different tastes were well catered for with a diverse but not over the top extensive menu. The first and second courses were more than sufficient, even for the hearty eater amongst us and got a thumbs up from all concerned. The cost including pre-lunch drink, 2 bottles of wine and the tip was £35 per head. According to the other 5, the only down side was me being there, but they didn't tell me that until I had driven them home!!!!!!! grumpy.