“Afternoon snack”
Review of Cafe Limelight

Cafe Limelight
Ranked #5 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Bude
Description: Situated in The Castle Bude, also home to The Heritage Centre and two galleries, you’ll find Café Limelight and the gift shop. The café enjoys unique panoramic views from the conservatory towards Bude Canal, the harbour and Summerleaze Beach across the river estuary. Large dog-friendly decking area open throughout the year. Serving drinks, light lunches and cakes from 10 am daily.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Called in to get out of the rain. I had a BLT sandwich and my partner had a jacket potato. The food was very tasty, the drinks were lovely and hot. The staff were extremely friendly, chatty and helpful. also a good museum with lots to see and learn. Thank you. To all the team for a pleasant visit.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (44)

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

The cafe is attached to the Castle. There are good views from the conservatory and some outdoor tables. There is a decent menu to choose from. My wife and I had tea and sandwiches. Food was tasty and service was very good

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 29, 2019

Visited yesterday just before the cafe closed....was able to order some delicious scones with jam and cream and a ‘full to the brim’ pot of tea! Staff were obviously clearing up ready to close but were more than willing to let us finish our tea and cakes, and were happy to chat about things to see and do in the area...in fact we felt guilty holding them up especially as there were other tables still to clear! So friendly!
We had a quick look in the art galleries and will be back for a proper look next time we visit Bude. Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

I visited with my mother, sister and two toddlers under 2. We arrived and were told that they were going to stop serving soon so we ordered quickly. The cakes were lovely. And the view was amazing.
But there is a BIG BUT. We were rapidly told that the cafe were closing and were basically hustled out. If we had such little time to sit and eat, why were we served?
The two staff members stood over us as we packed up. It took a few minutes as we had babies, toys, etc. The two staff rolled their eyes at the food on the floor (an amount i would assume was normal with little ones?) The babies got restless and cried, which was met with tutting and huffing by the staff watching over us. We were hurried out of a side door with the two staff members pulling faces at each other and rolling their eyes and muttering. They could not hide their annoyance that they had customers! The side door led to an area with steps so we struggled down with our elderly mother and two pushchairs. Why did they not let us leave via the front door? We felt very badly treated. I've never been treated like that and i visit cafes almost every day! It was an upsetting ending to our day out. The staff let the cafe down. A real shame.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

I went on a lunch date with some of my friends and I was eager to go in the conservatory as it was mysteriously hot during the winter period. I was handed a small number plate and we sat down on our table. My immediate thought was how small the tables were, and for a family friendly restaurant things were certainly cramped. We all ordered proper lunch, I had a ploughman’s ham sandwich and my friends had bacon sandwiches and one had a jacket potato. The waiter struggled to find our table because the given table numbers are too small and some are wearing off making them hardly noticeable, especially for such a tight spaced area. It wasn’t his fault, however I do think tables should be bigger since although some come for just tea and a small cake if more than one person chose to have that, space would immediately be an issue, the trays and plates are big for meals as well so waiters/waitresses are obviously going to struggle handing food if there’s no space to lay the tray down on the customers table and no available place to set it down on an empty one. I’m just glad I didn’t come on a busy day because there were definitely a lot of kinks that would need working on for efficiency. Other than that the area is beautiful, the staff are lovely and the food is good as well as reasonably priced :)

Date of visit: February 2019