“Excellent!!!”

The Preston Gate Inn
Ranked #6 of 123 Restaurants in Bude
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: You can enjoy delicious home cooked food every day, Try our lovely roast dinners on Sundays and why not round off your dinner with a scrumptious home made dessert!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although we have eaten at the Preston Gate before I don't recall the food being this good. This place has the atmosphere of a great local village pub and the lady behind the bar was very friendly and welcoming when we arrived. We both chose the pan seared chicken breast with dauphinoise potatoes, carrots and cabbage and it was amazing!(I'm not quite sure exactly what they were eating but I did hear someone on the table behind us say that their burger was the best she had ever eaten!) Cheese and biscuits for afters it really was a superb meal. I was born not too far from this pub and of course when I was growing up this place never existed. It is now a great asset to the village. I read somewhere that they had fairly recently got a new chef - hold on to him!!! We will be back for sure.

2  Thank Gerdi99

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We went here on a Monday night having just arrived at our holiday destination. It was a really nice village pub that serves food. We asked if there was a table and was told they could fit us in but we may have to wait a bit. Which was fine. However we had just ordered our drinks and sat at the bar when the really friendly lady behind the bar said a table was available and she was just wiping it down. It was steak night so we had the locally sourced rump and chips. We had side orders of mushrooms and onion rings. We both had a peppercorn sauce. The food came out it looked lovely tasted fantastic. And was reasonably priced. We really enjoyed the pub. We were told they are having a beer festival in there this weekend so we’re gonna make our way back as we really like it here. If your ever near here it’s well worth a visit. The pub does lunches and evening meal. It was so nice. Quaint and well maintained.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

The good lady and I arrived just after six o’clock on a Friday evening and noticed that all the tables had reserved on them. I enquired if there was a table free for two and a quick check by the bar staff revealed that if we wanted to eat at six thirty we could be accommodated. We ordered drinks and perused the menu. The good lady chose the roasted hake and I went for the steak. Both meals were cooked to perfection. All the staff were polite and friendly and there was a lively atmosphere. Should we find ourselves near this pub in the future we would certainly eat there again.

Reviewed September 22, 2018

My wife and I ate at the Preston Gate Inn whilst staying at Trevaglas cottages (just down the road).
This is a traditional pub with a good selection of ales. The staff were very welcoming and the food was fantastic...exceeded expectations and then some!
We will be returning next year.

1  Thank Allan S
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Looking for somewhere different to eat we found The Preston Gate Inn on Trip Advisor. The reports were very good so we thought that we would try it for an evening meal. We booked, and arrived a little early and were shown to our table. The pub was quiet, but had a very pleasant atmosphere, a good menu with specials and a nice selection of real ale. I ordered the Hake Special and my wife asked for the Venison Starter with a side order of chips for her meal. Service was very good, the food delicious and plentiful, so we had space for a dessert - we shared the Treacle Tart with clotted cream and that did not disappoint. Another visit is definitely in the diary when we come down to Bude next year.