“Yummy cream tea”

Ranked #2 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Bude
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We liked this place so much we went back! The service is friendly and efficient- the rooms are full of lovely pieces of china and interesting ornaments. Lots to look at. Try the gooseberry and elderflower jam- soooo good. They were able to accommodate my requests on both visits for gluten free alternatives. We'd been walking when we got there otherwise might have been tempted to explore the local walks.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a cream tea here and absolutely loved it. Scones were huge and such a fantastic texture. I particularly like that you had a choice of jam...I had goosebury and elderflower. Delicious. Can't wait to return. Fantastic location also but you'll need a car!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Cornish Pasties and homemade coleslaw was very tasty :)

The childrens menu was great and our kids loved the food.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We always visit when in the area. Best (and biggest) cream teas we've found, albeit, not priced for the locals. Cakes excellent too. Had to abort latest visit because queues out of the door. Strange thing is that the tea room closes at the end of August even though there would be plenty of custom in Sept/Oct.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Rectory Farm Tea Rooms.

Coming up the coast from Port Gaverne heading towards Clovelly I rediscovered the Combe Valley road, remembering from way back what a delightful area this was, I saw the sign for Morwenstowe. It triggered a memory of a visit to a cream tea establishment that was estimated to be the finest for miles, and that was years ago. The church of the famous Rev Hawker and his campaigns against wreckers and the saving of shipwrecked seafarers triggered a great nostalgia in hoping that things had not changed. It’s been many years but, low and behold there it was just as I pictured it, no different and still in the hands of the same family. They have extended their menu to provide lunches but the teas are as excellent as ever, a remarkable feat considering that I first discovered this place in the 60’s.
I have travelled UK extensively and you will be hard put to, to find a tea room as good as this.
tonyfmarsh