“Best surf school ever”

Sandymouth Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Sandymouth Surf School operates safe and fun surfing lessons on one of Cornwall's best surfing beaches. Whatever the weather, group size, age or ability Sandymouth Surf School will provide you with the tuition and equipment that you need to get surfing the waves.
Tenerife
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best surf school ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Having spent the previous year on holiday in the area and discovered this gem of a surf school the kids were desperate to get back there and catch up with Robin again. This time round we had some additional family members keen to try their hand out at surfing for the first time and they were not disappointed! In spite of the weather all had a fantastic time and managed to get up on their boards on a number of occasions, much to their delight!!! The instruction is attentive, professional and friendly, focused on each individuals' needs which is what differentiates Sandymouth from other surf schools. We will be back!

Visited August 2012

Worcestershire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Great teachers who took my 4 children (ages 16, 14, , 12 and 9) in awful conditions and gave them a great time as well as getting them all to be able to stand up at least once each during their first lesson!

worcester
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A must try when in North Cornwall/North Devon area..... Brilliant tuition.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Being the owner of a holiday let in North Cornwall, we were contacted by Robin who is the owner of Sandymouth Surf School. We decided to give it a go ourselves as we have been saying we would for years now. A rare opportunity arose for us to take advantage so we went for it. Robin the owner/instructor is very professional, has the best equipment and is set up in one of the best, if not the best beach in North Cornwall at Sandymouth, near Bude. We booked and I must say was a little nervous. Robin met us at outside the cafe at Sandymouth which is set in one of the most stunning locations in this area, lots of parking, toilets, and cafe all adding to the location. We were given our wetsuits, boards and some on land tuition before being allowed to go into the water. A great explanation of the way the sea, waves and beach affect our surfing from the hill top and then down onto the beach. We were unleashed pretty quickly and had great tuition throughout. Robin has lots of patience, a great attitude with all age groups and obviously a brilliant surfer. We were put at our ease immediately and thoroughly enjoyed our lesson. We will definitely be back and MOST DEFINITELY recommend him. Thanks for a wonderful and memorable day. We wish him all the success he deserves in his business venture.

Visited July 2012
Bath, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great afternoon in the sea!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I bought my husband a surf voucher for his birthday at sandymouth surf school as it looked like a good school and we love sandymouth beach. I decided that i wanted to have a go too and also our friend joined us .We had a fab time and the group size was perfect i think there was about 5 of us.
We had a warm up on the beach and then into the sea! I was slightly nervous as never done this before but we had a great teacher called Dan who was very encouraging and helpful . After a couple of hours i sort of got the hang of it and can't wait to do it again! I would definitely go back again .

Visited June 2012
Robin R, Owner at Sandymouth Surf School, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments.

We are really pleased that you had a fab time and that you husband enjoyed his birthday voucher. I know we got a few good photos of you and your group on the day so i hope that you have got a chance to see them. Look forward to seeing you in the water :)
Manchester
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Took my 2 daughters, 13 and 11, to Sandymouth Surf School in late August 2011. They had a great time and Robin is a fantastic teacher. I don't think I have seen the girls laugh so much. Would recommend this to everyone. I think that Robin runs 2 sessions most days, am and pm depending on the tides. Only one regret, I should have had a lesson myself, lots of other parents did!

Visited August 2011
Robin R, Owner at Sandymouth Surf School, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
I am really glad that the girls had a good time. If you are in the area this summer then we can put you on to one of our early morning sessions so that you could get a bit of practice in before the girls are even awake!

Thanks again :)