“Surfing is something I never thought my son would be able to achieve” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandymouth Surf School

Sandymouth Surf School
Ranked #8 of 14 Tours in Bude
More attraction details
Owner description: Sandymouth Surf School operates safe and fun surfing lessons on one of Cornwall's best surfing beaches. Whatever the weather, group size, age or ability Sandymouth Surf School will provide you with the tuition and equipment that you need to get surfing the waves.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Surfing is something I never thought my son would be able to achieve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

I was recommended to Sandymouth Surf School by a friend after a conversation about activities for my disabled son. Surfing was something I never thought he would be able to achieve due to his disabilities, but Robin talked through everything with me and soon put me at ease. He arranged parking for me, and had lifeguards ready and waiting to stretch my son down to the sea as he is unable to walk. Ryan had two-to-one support at all times whilst he enjoyed sitting on the surfboard and riding the waves, just touching the sea is something he is not normally able to do. Both my son and I found it an amazing and emotional experience, and is something that is talked about in our house all the time! It’s extremely hard to get my son to take off his Sandymouth Surf School hoodie as he wants to be like Robin! I am extremely grateful to Sandymouth Surf School for making this possible, and we are both looking forward to doing it again next year.

Visited August 2011
Robin R, Owner at Sandymouth Surf School, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Thank you for getting in contact. We strive to make Surfing available for everybody what ever their level of needs are. We were so pleased to get him in the water and give him an experience that we hope he will never forget. Thanks again for your lovely comments.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“More than just surfing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

An excellent school. James and Anna really enjoyed their time learning to surf and can't wait to get back next year! Not only did they enjoy it but we were happy in the knowledge that Robin was keeping them safe, allowing us to relax. Robin showed great patience and humour - at times he needed both! The location was second to none - great beach and great waves. We wouldn't consider going to another school, even if we were in a different part of Cornwall. All in all a great time for all the family

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Graeme H
Thank you very much for your lovely kind words about your experience with us at Sandymouth Surf School. I am very touched and motivated by your comments. Look forward to seeing you all in the surf at Sandymouth beach some time soon.
Tenerife
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best Surf School Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Adrian and the 2 boys Will (9) and Matthew (7) had a number of lessons with Robin whilst on holiday in July. Unlike previous lessons they have had elsewhere we found Robin's groups to be small and intimate, focused on the needs of each individual irrespective of age. Robin has a great personality, is kind, attentive and encouraged both the boys and Adrian to achieve their potential..............launching them off waves that dwarfed them all......needless to say they loved every moment of it and commented that Robin was just the 'Coolest Ever Surf Instructor'. The best surf lessons we have encountered, we would definitely recommend the school!!!! If the boys had their way they would be back down there every holidays and can't wait to get back!!!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Joanne2904
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad that the boys all enjoyed themselves especially on the dawn patrol sessions! Look forward to seeing you all in the water.
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best surf school ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I came to Sandymouth surf school in early october with friends and had the best time. I've been to other surf schools before but this one really is unique. The location is unbeatable, we were really lucky with the weather and the instructor - what a guy!! His tuition (and patience) is top class! Can't recommend sandymouth surf school enough!! Emma, exeter

Visited October 2011
1 Thank emma_2681
Robin R, Owner at Sandymouth Surf School, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Hi Emma.

Thank-you so much for your lovely comments.

I'm glad that you, Dave and Caroline had a wonderful time. I was especially impressed at how well you all progressed through the session and very pleased when you all got up and riding on the same wave!

Many Thanks
Cornwall
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place to surf in cornwall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

We came to bude for some surf lessons this summer and found 'sandymouth surf school'. The surf instructor robin ross was wicked, had all new equipment, surf boards with 3 fins so it felt better than the normal swell boards we have used in the past, was a great day.

Will 100% return next year,

MJ

Visited September 2011
4 Thank Marcus J
Robin R, Owner at Sandymouth Surf School, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Hi Marcus.

Thank you for your lovely comments and i am really glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

The equipment that we use is chosen for its performance over its longevity. This helps you to progress quicker and learn more skills during your session.

Thanks again