“Go surfing”
Review of Raven Surf School

Raven Surf School
Ranked #1 of 14 Tours in Bude
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I went for three days for one-on-one tuition and then, a week later, one-on-two tuition for five days with my twelve year old daughter. The atmosphere at Mike's school is friendly, patient and supportive. But, no mistake, these guys want you to learn to surf. Then they want you to improve so you can get more and more out of it. So an ideal mix between a relaxed philosophy and a focus on getting you up and standing and enjoying the waves. We had two tutors - first Darren and then Bryn - both inspiring. The kit provided was excellent - we were there in October with a clean, dry winter wetsuit provided every day, boots, gloves (needed one day) and hats if required, a good range of surfboards and lots of experience about what will work best. The one-on-one coaching is obviously a bit more expensive than group lessons but in terms of value for money - very good would be my view. We were serious about learning and will return for more coaching with Mike and his team as soon as we can.

There are newer reviews for Raven Surf School

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just done two days of lessons with Raven. First day was so good I took the children on day two and they showed they are more than able to deal with an age range of 8 to 42! Really good instruction that focused on as much time in the water as possible and meant we all really enjoyed ourselves. To cap it all, when we discovered the car battery was flat Mike produced jump leads - how's that for service? Will be going back.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Me and my boyfriend had a 2 hour beginners lesson. Mike and Bryn were already on the beach when we arrived early, they were both really attentive and enthusiastic about the lesson, we didn't feel like just another paying customer. Bryn our instructor explained everything we needed to know, kept us safe in the water and was extremely helpful. The conditions were quite choppy for beginners and I found it quite difficult to get the hang of, especially with the powerful waves, but Bryn encouraged me to keep trying and built up my confidence and gave us hints and tips from her experience. She wanted us to get the most out of the lesson. We were given plenty of time in the water, even over the 2 hour allotted time. By the end of the lesson we were both standing on our boards. The overall experience was fantastic and I would definitely recommend a lesson with the Raven surf school.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just a quick note to say thank you so much for a fantastic summer. Lou and I had so much fun surfing with you and our improvements have been superb. This is our second season surfing with you and I am certain we will be back again next year for further sessions. It is great knowing that we are safe and well looked after when we are in the lessons. With Lou being only 10 that is an important factor that lead me to choosing you. When we were having our first lessons you were all very patient with us, once we grasped the initial points you were then full of encouragement pushing us to improve. With such friendly encouragement, hints and tips we can only improve. Testament to the fun we have had during the summer, Lou has been asking for further lessons and asked her Headmaster if she could go in the sea in Wales when she goes in October!
Thank you all again for a fabulous summer Jo & Lou

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had a two hour beginner lesson and by the end I had caught four waves standing !! I was so thrilled. Excellent teaching- by Bryn, fab equipment, very friendly people, and great location. It made my holiday, would definately go back and would highly recommend the surf school and the instructors.