“Super restaurant great place to stay”

Elements Cafe Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 111 Restaurants in Bude
Cuisines: Italian, British, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Elements cafe bar & restaurant is open from 10am 7 days a week, all year, located on the cliff between Bude and Widemouth bay. Contemporary interior, beautiful bar, decking and lawns all overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. A relaxed atmosphere and good value menu. Morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea and evenings.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Found Elements on the web and it was super stayed one night great views from room. Food was delicious highly recommend.

Elements B, Owner at Elements Cafe Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for your kind words and really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Superb decor and great atmosphere with excellent food and service. The clientele was varied which proves this is a destination restaurant.

Really great to read your review and so pleased you enjoyed our hospitality and experience in our restaurant.

Many thanks for taking the time to review us.

Warm regards

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We ate here one Sunday night in early April and although the weather was terrible that day, the restaurant atill looked stunning in it's location. We were early so had a drink in the bar and we were the only ones in there (never a good sign) but within minutes the very nice lady (owner?) said we could go to our table. The food was impeccable and they could not do enough for us! Looked after the kids really well and by the time we were ordering desserts the place was full! Had 3 courses each and a few drinks and the bill was £98 for 2 adults and 3 kids. Great value for the quality of food. It's a few minutes drive outside Bude but if you want a nice meal when staying in Bude then look no further!

1  Thank Garry P

Hi Gary_Leeds,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I'm really glad you were looked after so well by our team and you and your family enjoyed your time with us. As you saw we do get very busy and we advise always to book especially at the weekends and always during holidays.

Thanks again
Kind regards

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked myself a table for one person two weeks in advance so i would not be disappointed.

I arrived at the restaurant early so i decided to have a drink on the patio area and then go back in when my table was ready. The front of house person (James it said on my text) told me my table wasn't ready yet as it was busy and asked me if i was ok to wait about 10-15 mins. for a table. A waitress then approached me and said we have found you a table in the bar area. I didn't want to sit at this tiny round table sat on a bar stool next to a loud coffee machine so i declined the offer and said i would like a table in the restaurant area.

Another ten minutes went by and i was approached again by James (James it said on my text) who said if i wanted a table in the restaurant i would have to wait about an hour. I said i wasn't happy and i was going to leave and go elsewhere. He then offered me a free meal if i agreed to eat it at the tiny bar table sat on a stool. I declined the offer and started to walk out.

He then came out with numerous excuses of being really busy, it's Easter Bank Holiday and all that rubbish! This is why i booked well in advance to avoid disappointment i told him. He then said he could not afford to loose revenue by seating a single person on a table for two in the restaurant area. How rude can you get!

The next day he sent me a text to apologise and to offer me a free meal again the following evening. I ignored his text!

An offer of free meals for a month would never get me to go to that place again. Shocking front of house attitude they have. They really need to go on a course on "How to treat customers with courtesy"

Top tip for single person travellers. Don't bother booking a table for one person as you won't get one! You'll end up sat on a bar stool eating your pasta!

2  Thank dannomanno
Elements B, General Manager at Elements Cafe Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Sir

First of all I would like to say sorry for the below par experience you received on Good Friday evening. I am sorry you were not satisfied with how we dealt with the issue of your table .
We did have a booking for you as you rightly pointed out and we always try to commit to reservations. Friday (Good Friday) night was one of our the busiest nights this year and occasionally tables can get delayed, hence why I tried to sort the problem and seat you at one of our bar tables and offered to pick up both your drinks and meal tab, which is the least I could do.
We have a lot of single guests staying and dining with us throughout the year and always make sure that they looked after and made to feel comfortable and many will happily sit and dine at one of our bar tables.

We did get in contact the following day as you had also booked for the Sunday night and as you say offer you a free meal on the house . However, you did not reply and also did not turn up for your dinner reservation. We always try to sort out problems that arise and can only apologise for the unintentional upset that you experienced.

Best wishes
Jamie Stevenson
Elements

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Great restaurant but not an out and out Italian as we had hoped. Food and service excellent and a view to die for.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at elements. Glad you enjoyed your meal with us and as you discovered we serve Italian inspired dishes.

Thanks again