“Good enough to go twice”
Review of Urchins

Urchins
Ranked #23 of 111 Restaurants in Bude
Cuisines: Pizza, British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restautant is a Bistro, so different types of food there. Very welcoming place, staff grand, Food wonderful
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Went here two evenings during a 4 day trip to Bude with my two kids aged 12 and 7.

Great atmosphere and decor, friendly and attentive servers and the food was nicely presented as well as tasting great.

It managed to satisfy both me and the kids which is quite a feat!

There are newer reviews for Urchins

Reviewed August 17, 2014

we returned to Urchins again this year and were not disappointed
there were some interesting changes to the menu and I tried almost all of them I enjoyed them all so cannot say which was my favourite
I went with my husband and 2 granddaughters this time and we were all given a great welcome
The service as ever was great and the staff were all very friendly especially Kyle Zenna Emily and Tom .Andrew and Gary seem to have the knack of picking really good people
Going to Urchins is now a big part of our holiday as it ends each day on a happy note

Reviewed August 17, 2014

we went into this place and there was only on table available (or so we thought ). The place was boiling hot. We ordered the creole fish (very good ) and hunters chicken (rubbish ). A child could have made hunters chicken at school !!. The main problem though was the arrogance of the staff and the Owner in particular. We were not welcome from the moment we walked in. They only seemed interested in their booked in regulars. A man came in and asked if they had a table, by then we new there was one available, he mentioned his wife was partially disabled, the owner said NO tables available, five minutes later four people came in and the arrogant owner gave it to them !!!.

We had a job to get the bill, and when we asked we were ignored for 10 minutes. Finally after asking again it came and was slammed on the table in front of me, charming.

The owner was rude to the staff and in turn the staff were rude to us. They all must have gone on a how to be rude course............appaling place , dot bother

2  Thank Peter W
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Very small and very busy, so we had to wait a few minutes for a table but it was well worth being patient.
The service was efficient and friendly and all the food [4 of us/two courses] was delicious. Best steak I've eaten in years!! Prices were less than far inferior places offering similar menus. Wish it was closer to home!

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

A very popular place! Fortunately we booked as it was the middle of the summer!
Food was excellent, local sea food, as was the service.
This was very family friendly as well as catering for couples. Prices were very reasonable!