“Freshest Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Urchins

Urchins
Ranked #20 of 106 Restaurants in Bude
Cuisines: British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The restautant is a Bistro, so different types of food there. Very welcoming place, staff grand, Food wonderful
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Freshest Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Managed to return to Cornwall again this October, and had to fit in a visit to Urchins. Yet again I had a superb meal. The calamari is easily the best I have eaten outside of Greece, and inside Greece a lot of the time.
As a fish lover, I couldn't resist the lemon sole, and I wasn't disappointed. I had a very generous portion of the freshest, tastiest lemon sole I have ever had, accompanied by a heavenly lemon and herb butter and the fresh Cornish potatoes were the perfect side dish.
As a result unfortunately, I couldn't manage a dessert, however, as I will definitely return, I will ensure I try one next time.

• Visited October 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A little disappointed...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We visited Urchins after looking for somewhere to have lunch.

We have walked past many a time and from the outside it looks very inviting, a good choice on the menu and a 4.5 tripadvisor rating.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, very good atmosphere and a laid back feel about it.

Our food order did get messed up slightly but we didn't mention it and decided that we would eat as it had been given this wasn't a problem, the quality of the food is what let Urchins down, for the price you pay you at least would expect your salad on the plate not to be brown, this was old salad, maybe a day or so, not acceptable.

Such a shame it was very nearly perfect.

1 Thank ej1b
Bude, United Kingdom
“First Class Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Whether it's been an all day breakfast, Lunch or an evening meal...you can tell I've been back a few times.
The all day breakfasts are a firm favourite..but oh, the fish and chips! Freshly caught, and served with fresh salad (I'm not a lover of mushy peas), and delicious crispy chips. But then all the food has been really fresh. And realistically and reasonably priced. And it's a really friendly place too, nice atmosphere, and a comfortable setting. And I really must try a few other things on the menu. But they cook my favourites just as I like them.

• Visited October 2013
Kilkhampton, United Kingdom
“Best meal ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Typically go here just for lunch and get the fish & chips. However, went for dinner and the Lamb Special was so wonderful. It is one of the best meals I have had so far. The lamb was so tender - no knife was needed. The sauce was so good, I was dipping my bread into it.

Visited October 2013
“Family dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a lovely family dinner here, the staff was friendly. It was a very hot day and had been hot for most of the week, we struggled with the heat, also being close to the kitchen, they could benefit from more airflow, but I really shouldn't complain about being too hot! I remember thinking the menu had too many heavy options, and not enough summery lighter ones. We had to send a fish pie back that wasn't hot all the way through, but when it came back my husband said it was very delicious - the staff was very good.

Visited August 2013