“Fredpolegate”

Ranked #12 of 49 Bude B&B and Inns
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Fredpolegate”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Have visited this establishment on at least three occasions in the past, always a warm welcome from the host and hostess Saf and Ann . Lovely clean room (as is the rest of the house) comfortable bed,everything you need in the en suite room on the ground floor. We usually have the same room. Central to the High Street and Golf Course (if you play). Breakfast is very good, fruit juices and cereal, and always a full English accompanied by toast and marmalade etc. plus of course tea and coffee. Prices are very competitive too well worth a visit.

Room Tip: First floor room overlooking the golf course
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Fred P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at sea jade quest house and had a lovely stay. The owners where very helpful as I arrived late at night the room was very comfortable and very clean and has everything you need. The breakfast in the morning was also very good had a full English which was lovely. I have never found a b&b this nice for such a great price and so close to everything.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Tate30
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

i arrived with my girlfriend who was having a migraine and the owners couldn't have been more lovely to us, even threw in a head massage for free! really friendly and welcoming place and great veggie breakfast

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank David I
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Sept 12 as part of our annual golf weekend for the HA Open..Me and Crit stayed in room 7 which is a nice size and good view of the golf course that I was about to go and rip up!!!! Owners were ace and did not even get the hump when we came in hammered and noisy...good work...Hope to stay there next year. One suggestion is for a choice of eggs with the brekkie, we got fried when I would have preferred poachies...

Stayed September 2012
3 Thank 1000_Cutts
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We decided to book into a b& b after suffering terrible weather whilst camping in Cornwall in August. we came across the Sea Jade which is 2 minutes away from the centre of Bude but situated on a quiet back street. Saf & Ann were very welcoming and the accommodation was spotless and the breakfasts pleantiful.You are unable to leave your vehicle on the road outside during 10am till 5pm due to town centre parking restrictions but there are pleanty of nearby streets to move them to which was no hassle to us. Saf is a great mine of information of where to visit and yes my hubby lost the 20p bet on the weather twice!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7 which was on the front and we did hear some traffic noise but nothing to complai...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle D
Truro, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I decided at the last minute to have a weekend away for our wedding anniversary and we are so glad that Saf and Ann could accommodate us at Sea Jade. This lovely b&b has a really homely feel to it and every square inch is spotlessly clean. Saf and Ann made us feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble. We would definitely recommend Sea Jade to all our friends and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else if we head up to Bude again! :-) Well done Saf and Ann, you're definitely in the right business. Sarah x

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sarah P
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at Sea Jade for a good 8 weeks as I was there for a summer placement at a local pharmacy. Saf and Ann were very warm and welcoming when I first came and they have been such wonderful hosts ever since! They treated me like their daughter, taking time off and spending time with me during my off-days. I truly enjoyed my stay there. The room was very clean and the breakfast was fantastic! Trust me, Saf is a great cook. He is also a one-stop advisor for directions to scenic places (within and around Bude); great food places; and interestingly enough, weather predictions!! haha!

Ann and Saf really live up to their motto of “Come as guests and leave as friends” – I’ll always remember this couple, they made Bude even more enjoyable than it already is. It’s a stay that I’ll never forget. I highly recommend Sea Jade to anyone heading to Bude for holidays/work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Joyful_1989
seajadeguesthouse, Owner at Sea Jade Guest House, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
We often have guests who stay for business and many stay for several weeks at a time either working in the area or studying. We are glad that you thought of Sea Jade as warm and welcoming and a home away from home.

We love to share our knowledge of Bude and its surrounding areas with our guests. We hope you will return to Bude soon and hope it isn't all work next time.

Kind Regards,