“A little treasure.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sea Jade Guest House
Ranked #12 of 51 Bude B&B and Inns
“A little treasure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at sea jade quest house and had a lovely stay. The owners where very helpful as I arrived late at night the room was very comfortable and very clean and has everything you need. The breakfast in the morning was also very good had a full English which was lovely. I have never found a b&b this nice for such a great price and so close to everything.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Tate30

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

i arrived with my girlfriend who was having a migraine and the owners couldn't have been more lovely to us, even threw in a head massage for free! really friendly and welcoming place and great veggie breakfast

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank David I
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Sept 12 as part of our annual golf weekend for the HA Open..Me and Crit stayed in room 7 which is a nice size and good view of the golf course that I was about to go and rip up!!!! Owners were ace and did not even get the hump when we came in hammered and noisy...good work...Hope to stay there next year. One suggestion is for a choice of eggs with the brekkie, we got fried when I would have preferred poachies...

Stayed September 2012
3 Thank 1000_Cutts
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We decided to book into a b& b after suffering terrible weather whilst camping in Cornwall in August. we came across the Sea Jade which is 2 minutes away from the centre of Bude but situated on a quiet back street. Saf & Ann were very welcoming and the accommodation was spotless and the breakfasts pleantiful.You are unable to leave your vehicle on the road outside during 10am till 5pm due to town centre parking restrictions but there are pleanty of nearby streets to move them to which was no hassle to us. Saf is a great mine of information of where to visit and yes my hubby lost the 20p bet on the weather twice!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7 which was on the front and we did hear some traffic noise but nothing to complai...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle D
Truro, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I decided at the last minute to have a weekend away for our wedding anniversary and we are so glad that Saf and Ann could accommodate us at Sea Jade. This lovely b&b has a really homely feel to it and every square inch is spotlessly clean. Saf and Ann made us feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble. We would definitely recommend Sea Jade to all our friends and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else if we head up to Bude again! :-) Well done Saf and Ann, you're definitely in the right business. Sarah x

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sarah P
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at Sea Jade for a good 8 weeks as I was there for a summer placement at a local pharmacy. Saf and Ann were very warm and welcoming when I first came and they have been such wonderful hosts ever since! They treated me like their daughter, taking time off and spending time with me during my off-days. I truly enjoyed my stay there. The room was very clean and the breakfast was fantastic! Trust me, Saf is a great cook. He is also a one-stop advisor for directions to scenic places (within and around Bude); great food places; and interestingly enough, weather predictions!! haha!

Ann and Saf really live up to their motto of “Come as guests and leave as friends” – I’ll always remember this couple, they made Bude even more enjoyable than it already is. It’s a stay that I’ll never forget. I highly recommend Sea Jade to anyone heading to Bude for holidays/work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Joyful_1989
seajadeguesthouse, Owner at Sea Jade Guest House, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
We often have guests who stay for business and many stay for several weeks at a time either working in the area or studying. We are glad that you thought of Sea Jade as warm and welcoming and a home away from home.

We love to share our knowledge of Bude and its surrounding areas with our guests. We hope you will return to Bude soon and hope it isn't all work next time.

Kind Regards,

Saf & Ann
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I and three friends stayed here for one night at the start of a 5-day hike along the Cornish Coast path. We were made very welcome by our delightful host, Saf, who also gave us much helpful advice about the town. Our room was comfortable and the breakfast good. Saf also helped very much with the logistics of our hike as I needed to get our car to Padstow. He arranged a secure parking spot for me on the outskirts of Padstow and then drove with me there, before taxi-ing me back to Bude. This saved a considerable amount of time and effort, and contributed significantly to a relaxed evening before the hike. Mark P

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mark P
It was our pleasure to welcome you when you stayed at Sea Jade on your Coastal Hike. We are glad you really enjoyed the breakfast and found the room to be comfortable.
We love to go the extra mile for our guests and arranging parking and transportation is all part of the service.
We hope to see you again soon.

Saf & Ann