“Favourite spot for meeting friends or reward for a long walk or any excuse!”
Review of Olive Tree Bude

Olive Tree Bude
Ranked #6 of 112 Restaurants in Bude
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Description: Olive Tree is the perfect place to relax and enjoy Alfresco Dinning beside Bude's picturesque Canal or inside our spacious restaurant and conservatory.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is one of my favourite local daytime restaurants and we visit regularly sometimes just for coffee after a walk on the beach but today we rewarded ourselves with delicious lunch after walking the circular route along Bude canal to Widemouth and back along the coastal path (about 6 miles but there are short cuts). Comfortable and very friendly with lots of seating inside or outside if you have the dog with you or it is a lovely sunny day. They have a good selection of daily specials - i went for the tomato, basil and feta quiche (light and flavoursome with no soggy bottom!) with salad( fresh green and simple with tasty balsamic dressing) and a side of chips (lovely hot and crunchy) and my partner had fishcakes with a simple but very tasty aioli (the chef promised us it was very simple but sometimes the best things always are!) Great service and we will be back again soon. Thanks.

There are newer reviews for Olive Tree Bude

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The Olive Tree really does tick all the boxes, fabulous staff, probably the best location in the town and a menu which never disappoints, today is just a quick lunch visit and its the butternut squash & coconut soup; absolutely delicious, I'm a local and a regular but if you are visiting, don't pass this one by. Oh! And the best Coffee in the town - in my opinion - and I drink a lot of coffee!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stopped for lunch with family and friends, sat outside by the canal and watched the world go by! Great location and good food . Reasonably priced too

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Nice location went in as out for a family walk. Pleasant restaurant. Was told to sit down but not offered a high chair for our child or how to order etc. waited... And waited... Eventually asked for a high chair when my partner went up to order. Waiter came over with our drinks one being a hot coffee and placed the tray... Next to my son in the high chair. When the food came I was in shock with the size of my bowl of food! I ordered the smaller size portion which was £5.50 and it was a bowl big enough for 2 scoops of ice cream. The larger portion was closer to £11!!
The taste wasn't amazing the menu was not only small and basic but there was nothing child friendly and thankfully id taken something for my son, I don't think we'd be returning.
Shame as it has massive potential

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here today with my fiancé and seven month old son.had the ploughmans which was ok as for the apple chutney it just tasted of cumin pritty horrible.my fiancé had the smaller macaroni cheese first thing the portion size was exstreamly small wouldn't even fill my five year old up secondly it wasn't even macaroni pasta and the over all taste was not great.the staff couldn't be bothers to come over and tell us if we have to order at the bar or they come over they were more intrested in hugging and chatting to there friends or partners.i will go back again to see if it was a off day but.