“2013 in Bude”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've just spent another week in Bude and ate here most days. I love fish and as the staff are helpful because of my gluten free diet it makes it better for me. I love eating there when I go to Bude.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The cod and chips we had at Scrummies was the best ever. The cod was the best quality and as fresh as you can get it. Mr Scrummie had something to do with it and produced chips to compliment the fish. The price was very good too. All in all it was a very good choice. We traveled 185 miles to get there and Scrummies was one of the main reasons for going to Bude.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Walking through Bude on Monday trying to find somewhere which took our fancy. Looking for gold old old cheesy chips (which we were craving!) to take back to the cliffs over looking Summerleaze to enjoy watching the tide come in. Bude is an adequate little town full of plenty of places to eat but nothing really stood out until we passed Scrummies - I think the trip advisor excellent awards plus the sign on the best home made onion rings stopped us to have another look. The one that did it was "the dogs welcome" sign. We had been spoilt this weekend in Cornwall. From having to usually sit outside and ensure the elements because we have a dog, to now having the luxuary of eating insde ! - brilliant. Although we wanted a take-away, it was nice to know we actually had the option of sitting inside if we so wished. It was nice to be able to sit inside to wait for our takeaway and whilst doing so a very friendly young lad asked us if we would like some water for our dog. I thought this was really thoughtful and again made us feel really welcome. Whilst in there, there was a very awkard and demanding customer in there and I noticed how well the staff coped with him. They were very helpful and forthcoming.

As for the food, we didnt realise it was a seafood place (we both hate seafood) they had a brilliant vegetarian menu and although we didnt have anything from it, the cheesy chips were just what we were craving. They were lovely !!! and the onon rings - wow - we both agreed they were definitely the best we have had !

Keep up the good food, the friendly atmosphere and the welcoming environment which is at Scrummies. We will defo be visiting again ! and thank you for allowing dogs in - because you really are one in a million !

PS we found the prices reasonable - who wants over priced chips or

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Lovely atmosphere and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Even though we only had 5 teas and an orange squash, the food on the other tables loked scrummy!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We wanted food quickly and lots of it and that is what we got, hadn't realised this low key exterior contained fantastic quality fish inside. A memorable meal as I don't usually like fish and chips the fish was excellent quality and lots of it. Kids loved theirs too, place was packed for a reason.