“a fish and chips cafe”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2012

It's small, very clean, and has table service, but plays 'music'. The fish was far and away the best piece of fish I had eaten for a long time but, with no peas, mushy or garden, available to go with the basics, I was disappointed overall.

There are newer reviews for Scrummies

Reviewed September 19, 2012

From the outside it looks ropey but the food was excellent.

The place had a great atmosphere, the young guy who waited our table couldn't have been nicer. he was super polite and couldn't do enough to help.

Three of us had fish and chips. The serving was huge, and super cheap. No where near the 15 quid each some people have been putting on here don't quote me but I'm almost certain it was more like £8.95 (we ate so many places can't quite remember sorry) anyway definately less than £40 for 3 of us including drinks because we left the change.

A great friendly place, no fuss everyone made to feel welcome, just dont expect Rick Stein and you wont be disappointed.

1  Thank xenaisgr8
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I ate in here almost every day, I love fish but being on a gluten free diet and not liking spicy food It's usually dificult for me to find the right place to eat. I find it pleasant to eat here, the atmosphere is good and I enjoyed all the meals I had in there.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Great selection of fresh fish in huge portions. Very good value. Popular with visitors and locals. Get in early.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Liked everything,arrived in bude late tent took ages to erect,three hungry heads .i had scallops the best ever..Tina and Barbra munched fish n chips. Also so tasty.yummy.u could also bring ur own wine...don't look much from outside but superb service and chatty. Be back next summer