“Clean & Tidy but no comprehension of Customer Service!”
Review of Palms Guest House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bude
Palms Guest House
Ranked #42 of 49 Bude B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2009

If your expecting customer service don’t hold your breath, the couple who run it arn’t rude but just done have any personality whatsoever!
The place is clean and tidy and the breakfast is ok, but ask for anything else (even a smile) and they look at you and make you feel stupid for even thinking it was possible.
If you want a late check out on a Sunday morning say, forget it! “This isn’t a hotel” we were told and that sets the tone for this establishment.
If you don’t want any interaction with another living soul then this is your place, but if your human and would like to be greeted with a smile (since your paying them) then you’ll be disappointed, although I got the firm belief from viewing interactions with other guests, that if we were 50-60 + then we may have had more in common!
The place is clean and comfortable and room-wise better than some national chains we’ve staryed with, so don’t let me put you off, it reminded me a little of Faulty Towers..
Enjoy your stay!!!
Would I recommend this place to any friends it asks.. Only those with no personality, I think they'd get on like a house on fire!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Palms Guest House

Reviewed May 21, 2009

Booked the Palms for a family reunion and requested single rooms as we had only met briefly before and my relative said she snored. I was later asked if for a price reduction we would mind moving to room with two seperate rooms with a door between & we accepted. When we arrived in Bude and met our relatives some of whom where also staying in the Palms they informed us that we were not allowed to checkin before 4 which was not made clear and so we had to change our plans around this. When we did check in we had to wait an age for the door to open and when it was finally opened it was by a man in an obvious hurry who just told us to register our names dashed us up the stairs handed us our key and left us too it! We never saw any one from the family again until the morning when we had breakfast which was very OK but again felt very rushed and almost in the way. We had to be out by 10 according to the booking confirmation so we packed and went to pay. This was not the expected £25 but had gone back up. When I questioned this I was told this was on account of the single person suppliment that they had forgot to tell us about on booking. We had no choice but to pay up. I forwarded the email to them later and the money was swiftly refunded but left a nasty taste in the mouth.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2009

myself and my partner visited bude in aug 08 we planned to stay at palms guest house for one night whilst we travelled and visited various parts of devon and cornwall. We found from the start we were made to feel very welcome with nothing was too much trouble. Mr and Mrs simmons were keen to share their local knowledge of good places to eat and to visit. my partner is lactose intolerant and we were very impressed at their willingness to adapt the breakfast menu to suit our needs. The hospitality that we experienced resulted in us extending our stay a further night.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Hello I stayed in The Palms B&B in Bude . The Palms is a 5 star B&B and is perfectly located close to town and beaches. I only stayed one night and that one night was memorable only for the negatives. I was greeted by a rude unfriendly man who rushed me to the very small room I was to sleep in , demanded money imidiately and left to carry on his mood by himself. My room had a small window that wouldn't open fully,a small uncomfortable single bed with plastic under sheets. I didn'tstay for breakfast as i was happy to leave as early as possible to find somewhere better.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)