“Great place, great staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Callander
Forest Holidays Strathyre, Scotland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Just returned with the family and our dog Jackson. Had a slight hiccup on check-in but the staff were superb in setting things right. The lodges, coziness and location is great. Jackson loved it and the kids did too. Hot tub was a great addition and used it daily. The retreat and the food/refreshments there were excellent too. Can't praise the friendly staff enough - great break had and would definitely go back.

Stayed: October 2013
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Strathyre, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent break at Strathyre with your family and Jackson the dog. It’s great to hear that you all had such a good time and that the team looked after you well too. I hope we’ll see you again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was our 6th visit to Strathyre, and we were delighted this time to find that the cabins have all been refurbished and (finally) the appalling road has been completely re-surfaced (the last section was done while we were on-site).
The location is (literally) on the old railway cycle and walking path which gives access to excellent walks in both directions.
The cabin (silver birch) was spotlessly clean and well furnished. The only really annoying deficiency was the provision only of a small under-cabinet fridge containing a very small freezing compartment. A reasonable freezer ought to be provided since one does not want to be tripping out to the shops in Callander each day.
The cabin was very warm (too warm actually at night) but we were using the wood-burner and the heat does travel upstairs to the main bedroom.
The showers were excellent - as was the new (and much larger than previous) outside hot tub. If only there was a canopy to protect you from the rain! The tub was most welcome after a successful climb to the summit of Ben Ledi which dominates the site
The site is really quiet and peaceful - just the hooting of owls at night.
The best cabins are nos 32-35 - these are very secluded from the rest of the site.
The staff were friendly - there if you needed them but "not in your face".
Highly recommended!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank The_Annoying_Orange
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Strathyre, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent (6th!) break at Strathyre. I am delighted that you enjoy this location so much and find plenty to do in the surrounding countryside. It’s a most impressive achievement to scale Ben Ledi and your dip in the hot tub was well-earned that day. Thank you also for your feedback which is very useful to us. I hope we will see you again at Strathyre soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We regularly holiday in Scotland but on this occasion didn't want to trek too far north and this was perfect. The location is not too far from civilisation, but far enough away to give you the feeling of seclusion and we got the rest and relaxaion required. We loved feeding the birds, we could have sat on the decking watching them all day and done nothing else. So much wildlife and it was lovely and quiet when we went as well. Cabins were fully booked but we weren't overlooked and wasn't at all noisy. Would definately return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GrannyBuckles
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Strathyre, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent break at Strathyre. It’s a great spot for watching the wildlife and I am pleased that you enjoyed this aspect of your holiday. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed in Cabin 20 for 7 nights and can only describe everything as simply excellent.
Arrived a little early but that was no problem and was checked in straight away. The cabin was immaculate in every way. The staff couldn't do enough to ensure that all went well for your holiday, smiling faces from all the staff all the time. Tesco delivered without a problem.
The road was completely resurfaced during my stay.
Will look forward to returning once again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank uist15

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent break at Strathyre. I am pleased that you enjoyed your break and that everything went well. The team at Strathyre will be delighted to know that they have contributed to the success of your holiday. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

If you are looking for rest and relaxation this is the place!! the Cabins are spotlessly clean, extremely well appointed, the staff couldnt be more helpfull, absolutly nothing is a problem to them. And the Private Hot Tubs are a luxury well worth paying a little extra for. Self Catering but there is more than enough good places to eat locally. the forest retreat does offer fresh pizzas and good quality ready meals to pop in the oven. We will definatly be back Soon.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent break at Strathyre. I am pleased you enjoyed the tranquility of the forest and the chance to relax. Your kind comments about the team are much appreciated and I hope you’ll be back to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

just home today after my 7th stay at Strathyre in 4 years, myself, hubby and our 2 golden retrievers Ollie and Ralphy had a great time. Karen and all the staff couldn't have been nicer, road has been totally resurfaced, cabins are all looking great and I can honestly say I've never seen the place look so good. Walked for miles every day without using car which was great then into café at reception for a few beers and of course a few dog biscuits from the staff then back to cabin and into hot tub amazing. Booked while we were there for Jan got a discount and free choice of cabin which is good, cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: cabin 29 has great views, although near the road which means its so much easier to load and unload c...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richie H

Welcome back again and thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always good to hear from our regular guests and I am delighted that you feel Strathyre is looking better than ever. We look forward to your next visit in January.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My partner and I stayed 4 nights at strathyre.
I just want to say the location in which the cabins are are what makes it for me, I mean personally I choose location over accommodation every time! The cabin themselves were well maintained and extremely cosy! Especially the bedroom on the top floor. Everything was clean and we had a newly refurbished kitchen with all the utensils you could need.
I have to be honest I would of preferred a more secluded cabin as it was just me and my partner.

I don't wish to go on and bore people about the road conditions to the cabins but it is bad and it did make us think twice about going out to places to visit eat etc. that's all I'm commenting on the road because I was quite relaxed just staying in the cabin with the hot tub every night looking up at the thick forest and vast mountains and being under the stars!

we have booked again for beginning of November and can't wait!!!! <3

Room Tip: 'Get a cabin facing the Loch'
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Strathyre, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent holiday at Strathyre. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your break and spent lots of time simply relaxing in your cabin and hot tub. Work has started on the road now so everything should be fine when you come back in November. We look forward to seeing you then.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Callander
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Lomond Luxury Lodges
#1 of 5 in Drymen
Lomond Woods Holiday Park
Balquhidder Braes Scottish Holiday Park

Been to Forest Holidays Strathyre, Scotland? Share your experiences!