The Old Rectory Inn
Excellent 5/5
    Average 3/5
    Roman Camp Hotel(Callander)
    Great 4.5/5
    The Lake of Menteith Hotel(Port of Menteith)
    Rob Roy Hotel(Aberfoyle)
    Very Good 4/5
    • Restaurant
    All reviewslive musicone nightwednesday nightsmall barbig portionscold breakfastnice clean roomsb blovely teaevening meal in the restaurantscottish tripcomfy bedfantastic staytwo night staybooked this hotelnational parkwarm welcome
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 23, 2009

We have stayed previously at the Old Rectory and were not disappointed on this occasion. Our room was large and comfortable with a lovely view and the ensuite clean and modern. As we had travelled a long way and were tired we ate in the restaurant again and were not disappointed the food was well cooked and tasty. The breakfast as always was plentiful and freshly cooked.

We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed July 9, 2009

We stayed at the Old Rectory for 3 nights. Our room was very nice and big with a wonderful bed, haven't slept that well in a long time ! The breakfasts (as well as dinners) were delicious, although I do agree, they could have cleaned the floor in the dining room before serving it. The bar downstairs did not bother us at all, just the opposite, we enjoyed being able to just go down and have a drink and the chance for some nice chats. When we return, we would definitely choose the Old Rectory again !

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Highland_Fan_9
    Reviewed May 30, 2009

We were worried about going to this Guest House having read the previous review but it was wonderful! The room was spacious and very clean, the bed was comfortable and we were never disturbed by noise from other guests, outside noise or even the dishwasher as the previous reviewer was. The breakfast was excellent with huge portions! We ate in the restaurant both nights and agin the food was delicious and the service was excellent. Overall very good value.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank jammab
    Reviewed May 14, 2009

I arrived to the Old Rectory only to be whisked up to my room (a twin upstairs) without a word of greeting or welcome. This was the most unusual arrival I'd ever had to a B&B. The room was small but adequate. However, the bed was lumpy and cheap - I could feel the springs from the mattress and it made for a poor night's sleep. I didn't feel comfortable in this place, since clearly they make their money from the noisy restaurant and bar just under the few bedrooms. The noise from downstairs went on well into the night and I had to use earplugs to block it out. Then they turned the dishwasher on and even this could be heard in my bedroom. In the morning I went down to breakfast and was greeted by a filthy room that hadn't been cleaned since the restaurant was open the previous night. The carpet was full of bits of food and crumbs. Only one other room was occupied that night and their breakfast debris had not been cleared away. I went to serve myself some cereal, but there was only one filthy bowl left out for me with old, engrained cereal all around it. Urgh! I quickly made a switch and took one of their serving bowls instead. Considering there are plenty of places to stay in Callander I cannot recommend this place under any circumstances. Even if everywhere else is full I'd recommend that you go elsewhere. This was the most unwelcoming B&B I've ever stayed in and the filth of the breakfast room turned my stomach. Couple that with the noise from the bar downstairs and you'd be better off sleeping in an airport.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
    1  Thank TravelGirlCork
    Reviewed July 19, 2007

Stayed at this hotel one night - arrived approx 2 hours later than expected to be greeted with a smiling welcome from the owners. Taken straight up to our room - a small twin bedroom but all we needed and the beds were slightly larger than single beds and really comfy. The B&B offers evening meals, but we'd spotted a Chinese restaurant on the way in and our minds were set on that. For only £25 pppn this accommodation would be suitable for anyone as a base for exploring the trossacks - lovely freshly cooked breakfast in the morning and very pleasant proprietors. Would definately stay again as there were lots of little touches which made it a bit special - thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends