“Great Weekend”

Ranked #11 of 34 Callander B&B and Inns
Preston, United Kingdom
“Great Weekend”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My brothers & Sister with partners stayed at the above Farmhouse in June 2012 we had a fantastic time Rita & Bill where the perfect hosts, very friendly, helpful and did that extra mile with the service they supplied.
We had Breakfast & Evening meals which where cooked to perfection and with a good variety I would recommend this farmhouse to anyone, I know in time we will go back there.

Phil & our Family

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
auchenlaich, Owner at Auchenlaich Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are very pleased that you all enjoyed yourselves and look forward to welcoming you all on another occasion. Regards from Rita and Bill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Beaurepaire, France
Reviewed June 2, 2012

That was our first B&B while travelling in Scotland. Was very happy with the room and the warm welcome. The host offered tea and coffee in the lounge when we got back from the restaurant we had dinner in. The house is very nice and clean and the area quiet.
We had a fantastic time and really liked the bathroom behind the big mirror!!!!We recommend this place to anyone travelling to Callander.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
auchenlaich, Owner at Auchenlaich Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments Bill and I hope the rest of your trip went well.

Regards Rita Kyle
England
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My partner and I stayed for 3 nights to celebrate Hogmany. We stayed in Room 5 which was a family room, plenty of space with tea/coffee facilities. The private bathroom was just aling the corridor. Very clean and the bed was made every day. We were looked after by the owners sister Myra and she couldn't have done anymore for us, even offering us a lift into Callander on the first day. Good location and in walking distance of the main street. We would most definitely go back. :-)

• Stayed December 2011
Formby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed at AuchenLaich for 3 nights - a group of 4 adults and 5 kids ( Ages 1-13 ). Rita and Bill were the perfect hosts and we can honestly say its the best B&B we have ever stayed in. The rooms were spacious and clean.

We ate our evening meal there on 2 nights and could not have eaten better anywhere else. Bill's steak was just amazing, and we had to buy some of his Pork and Haggis sausages to bring home ! Breakfast too was great and the kids differing food tastes were easily accommodated.

Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Callander. We'll be back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
walkington
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here overnight with our two dogs and were warmly welcomed by Rita.We have travelled widely over the years with various dogs but ALWAYS check first by telephone the conditions for accepting pets.This was made very clear when we booked and the nominal charge for the dogs was one of the cheapest we have paid.Additionally we ate a delicious meal prepared by Bill who was able to cater for some specific dietary needs.I would have no hesitation in recommending Auchenlaich farmhouse to travellers with or without pets!

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank susan j
Welling
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Went here for 7 nights in September 2011 and had a great time.
Rita and Bill were fab and couldn't have done enought to make our stay enjoyable.
Food was wonderful -Beautiful location - what more could you want. Home from Home.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: Only saw our room but I am sure all were good. We had a downstairs room as we had our dog with us.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I booked online and choose this B&B as a stop off for one night on a long journey with my husband and dog. At the time of booking I specifically gave information that we would be travelling with a dog, but on arrival the host did not seem to have this information and I did not feel that my pet was welcome, therefore I left him in the car overnight - not as pet friendly as we expected from out on-line research.
We were allocated a ground floor en-suite room which was clean and comfortable with a good bed and nice white towels, drink making facilities and biscuits, but the bathroom door handle came off and there was no privacy if one partner was in the bathroom as the door between the bedroom and bathroom had glass panels. The room above ours had very squeaky floorboards so I was awoken as soon as the people upstairs got up and started moving around about 6.30 on Sunday morning.
I also felt cheated out of a cooked breakfast as the host asked us on arrival at 4pm what we wanted for breakfast without giving us a menu or any time to consider out options so I agreed to a continental breakfast because it seemed to be less fuss for the host. When we came down for breakfast we were also forced to share a table with another couple which I was not comfortable with considering there were plenty of free tables that were not being used.
I may seem ungrateful but having run a B&B myself in the past I feel the host be more attentive to every guests needs and listen more. Also please make it clearer on all booking sites that you need to ring up direct in order to bring a pet.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple