“Fantastic”

Auchenlaich Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 34 Callander B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed at AuchenLaich for 3 nights - a group of 4 adults and 5 kids ( Ages 1-13 ). Rita and Bill were the perfect hosts and we can honestly say its the best B&B we have ever stayed in. The rooms were spacious and clean.

We ate our evening meal there on 2 nights and could not have eaten better anywhere else. Bill's steak was just amazing, and we had to buy some of his Pork and Haggis sausages to bring home ! Breakfast too was great and the kids differing food tastes were easily accommodated.

Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Callander. We'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here overnight with our two dogs and were warmly welcomed by Rita.We have travelled widely over the years with various dogs but ALWAYS check first by telephone the conditions for accepting pets.This was made very clear when we booked and the nominal charge for the dogs was one of the cheapest we have paid.Additionally we ate a delicious meal prepared by Bill who was able to cater for some specific dietary needs.I would have no hesitation in recommending Auchenlaich farmhouse to travellers with or without pets!

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susan j
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Went here for 7 nights in September 2011 and had a great time.
Rita and Bill were fab and couldn't have done enought to make our stay enjoyable.
Food was wonderful -Beautiful location - what more could you want. Home from Home.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: Only saw our room but I am sure all were good. We had a downstairs room as we had our dog with us.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I booked online and choose this B&B as a stop off for one night on a long journey with my husband and dog. At the time of booking I specifically gave information that we would be travelling with a dog, but on arrival the host did not seem to have this information and I did not feel that my pet was welcome, therefore I left him in the car overnight - not as pet friendly as we expected from out on-line research.
We were allocated a ground floor en-suite room which was clean and comfortable with a good bed and nice white towels, drink making facilities and biscuits, but the bathroom door handle came off and there was no privacy if one partner was in the bathroom as the door between the bedroom and bathroom had glass panels. The room above ours had very squeaky floorboards so I was awoken as soon as the people upstairs got up and started moving around about 6.30 on Sunday morning.
I also felt cheated out of a cooked breakfast as the host asked us on arrival at 4pm what we wanted for breakfast without giving us a menu or any time to consider out options so I agreed to a continental breakfast because it seemed to be less fuss for the host. When we came down for breakfast we were also forced to share a table with another couple which I was not comfortable with considering there were plenty of free tables that were not being used.
I may seem ungrateful but having run a B&B myself in the past I feel the host be more attentive to every guests needs and listen more. Also please make it clearer on all booking sites that you need to ring up direct in order to bring a pet.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We spent 2 nights with Bill and Rita as we were at the nearby Nick Nairn Cook School. We got a warm welcome and our hosts were friendly and accommodating during our stay. The rooms were comfortable and spotless, and the breakfast was delicious and catered for all tastes. We have 2 boys and we got lots of tips for local attractions to keep them entertained.
I would highly recommend Auchenlaich Farmhouse and we are looking forward to staying there again when we are in Callander.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was a good B&B - our room was very spacious and clean. We did not have an ensuite room but the bathroom was not far and we did not have to wait/queue to use it. The owners were friendly and helpful in recommending places to eat or visit in the surrounding area. The breakfast was a buffet rather than cooked but it was very generous and we certainly had enough, without needing the 'full scottish'. It is a good base for exploring the local area.

We paid 65 pounds for our room which was okay but about 5 pounds more than other similar B&Bs that we stayed in while in Scotland.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Beautiful quiet location. Rooms clean and tidy. Friendly hosts, Woodland walks right outside door,also within easy walking distance of Callanders main street. We decided to have our evening meals at the bed and breakfast, rather than eat out for our two nights stay. We definitely made the best choice, the food would put many top restaurents to shame.This place seems to offer just that bit extra that puts it a class above the average bed and breakfast, we will definetly stay here again I would reccomend this place to anybody.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family