“Great value for money, Perfect place to stay!”
Review of White Shutters

White Shutters
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Callander
White Shutters
Ranked #25 of 34 Callander B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great value for money, Perfect place to stay!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Booked a room at last minute for a night after friends had already booked and invited me along. Had never stayed here before, but I certainly would again! Ideal location just off the main road that runs through Callander. Despite being a fairly busy road around the corner, did not hear any road noise at all. For the money, it's a steal! Obviously, at this price range there's no on-suite bathroom and is a shared one for the three rooms available. Don't let that put you off though! The room I stayed in was right next to it, but you'd never know anyone was in it, it's rather quiet. Room was clean and warm on a chilly night. Caroline was the perfect host, very pleasant and greeted us warmly upon our arrival. Nothing was too much trouble. The cooked breakfast the next morning was the perfect start to the day and saw us off on our way with a smile. If you are looking for a nice quiet place to stay without breaking the bank, I would highly recommend the White Shutters and if I am ever passing through Callander again and need a pillow to rest my head for the night, I will certainly look here first! Thank you Caroline for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank nigelp292

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
N.Ireland
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed in this comfy B&B for one week.I recieved a friendly reception and felt very welcome. The cooked breakfast each morning was excellant with eggs fresh from a local farm. Great location right in the centre of Callendar.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dottymum
Camp Connell, CA
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We found the White Shutters by accident after the Information Center closed its doors just as we arrived, and left us looking around for a place to stay. We parked in the center of ton and this was the second place we saw, asked if we could see the room, and were encouraged to check it out. The room was charming and comfortable , the hostess helpful, and the shared bath was clean and handy. And the rate was the best we had for our entire two week vacation. The B&B is small, and as a result it is quiet and well-run, a very personal experience. It is located in the heart of town, within a stones throw of the only free parking around, and across from the library (free internet) and almost next door to the police station. Within a block were an archeological site of a prehistoric fort, swans in the pond, an ancient cemetery and church, and a nice pub and restaurant. It was even close to a hardware store named :Screw It" which our host said was a "bit cheeky" but amusing.
A lovely town, and we wished we had more time to visit. We only stayed one night, but this was an almost perfect B&B experience. A stroke of great luck to find Carolyn and the White Shutters on our first time in town.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shlamont
scotland
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Stayed there for one night as we were playing a gig at a hotel in Calander, Caroline was a very good host and the room was comfy and large and very clean.
Breakfast was excellent with lots of extra toast on offer if reqd.
If you are looking to stay in Calander for a couple of night and are on a budget, there is no better alternative IMO.
Also when i came to settle the bill Caroline offered £12 of the bill as the room was a double yet only I was occupying.
Genuine People, Great food and comfy stay

• Liked — Cleanliness and Room Rates
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank tudan
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 4, 2007

6 South Church St, just off the main street, across from a 1849 church, a hardware store named Screw It & near police station. Stayed here 2 nights & pleased. I emailed B&B well in advance for a 30 day journey around Scotland, my favorite place to visit. Gracious host greeted me at door by name & a smile. Fair rates, no frills or fou-fou. I'd stay here again. Parking with car in view. Lovely walks nearby, shops, eats & pubs, good base for exploring. Room upstairs was clean, comfy, 2 wicker chairs, TV, good lighting from window overlooking church, tea making, has wash basin, shared bath close with no problems or noise from street. A nice lounge, secure entrance, pleasant dinning room. Other guests were quiet. Great fish & chips shop next door to wine shop where you buy your own drinks for the meal. It was packed with locals. I seem to always meet friendly Scots willing to chat.

• Liked — Gracious host, fair prices
  • Disliked — hard beds murder on my body
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Redsgirl2
Manchester, UK
Reviewed June 2, 2007

In August 2006 me and my wife were driving down from the Isle of Skye to Edinburgh. The journey took longer than we expected, so we ended up spending the night in Callander. We came across White Shutters and were told the double room was available.

The room was very comfortable and spacious, with tea/coffee making facilities and as sink in the room, as well as a TV. The whole place was spotlessly clean and we felt very much at home.

The owner, Caroline, was also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank trf0412
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 31, 2005

I am due to marry in Callander this July and came up to Scotland from Bedfordshire to fanalise arrangements with my mother and fiance. I was so totally impressed by White Shutters and more importantly it's proprietor Caroline. We were treated to the warmest of welcomes on arrival, Caroline was just so helpful with my plans, nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast she served up each morning was fit for a king and everywhere was immaculately clean. We had a huge double room and really I can't sing it's praises enough especially as we payed £16pppn!! Thoroughly enjoyable a big THANKS CAROLINE!!

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member