“Great place to eat and drink”
Review of The Crown Hotel

The Crown Hotel
Ranked #11 of 46 Restaurants in Callander
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you're visiting Callander be sure to go to the Crown Hotel for food and drink. Quality of the food is excellent and selection of drinks is great including 2 real ales.
The owner is very attentive and looks after his guests well.
A fine place for great food,drink and vocal entertainment.
You'll not be disappointed.

1  Thank Accurate-Advice

Reviewed May 10, 2014

With a warm welcome from the owners and a good choice of beers and food. Live entertainment with Mac A Din on The Sunday evening was fab.

2  Thank Elaine M
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Visited tonight. I had the venison casserole and my partner the salmon. Both meals were very nice. The bitter ( beer) was really nice but my partners cappuccino was poor and not drunk.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Went there today with my dad and my 3 kids, services was terrible, waited age for our drinks then even longer for our food, the starters were ok, my dad had breaded mushrooms, he had good portion size, I had spicy carrot soup and was nice, ordered garlic bread for the kids starters and it didn't arrive till we all contour main meal, by then the kids were really hungry and fed up waiting for their food, the garlic bread was burnt and my dad's fish was under cooked, the food is really basic but expensive, the prices for only basic pub food is ridiculous, won't be back

3  Thank Mandy D
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stopped in for an early-ish dinner about 6pm...lucky we did, because by the time we left, it was very busy! For starters I had Lentil Soup which was really delicious, husband had garlic mushrooms, and son had black pudding with bacon...not huge portions, but adequate, very well presented and tasty. Main courses are not fancy, but wholesome, well-cooked and delicious...thick, juicy meaty burgers for son and I and Tarragon Chicken in tagliatelle for hubby. Not a huge choice of puddings, but we managed a Sticky Toffee Pudding (to die for) and a Chocolate Fudge Cake. The service was helpful, polite and friendly, the surroundings comfortable, warm and very clean. I must mention the toilets too...they were so clean and sparkling! We would certainly return to The Crown Hotel for a meal.....great food, great staff and reasonable prices....who could ask for more?

1  Thank Fiona H