“Excellent local food served with a smile”
Review of Scott's bistro

Scott's bistro
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Callander
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We've eaten at Scotts on many occasions over the years yet the standard and variety of local food offered remains excellent. Allied with the friendly helpful service this ia a dinner venue that we wouldn't hesitate to recommend to everyone.

3  Thank SamMo7

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were there as part of a large group. service was friendly and timely, the food excellent. Thoroughly recommend this for a special meal or a juts an evening out!

2  Thank DaveBGloucester
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed the food and the setting. We had a smoked salmon starter and pate with gooseberry chutney for starters followed by two different chicken dishes. Chicken supreme with haggis and a whiskey/thyme cream sauce and the other Cajun style. Both lovely. We would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed May 24, 2014

You do need to reserve a table here. We tried on 3 occasions and could only get 5 pm or 9 pm bookings. But when we eventually did get a reservation to suit we couldn't fault a thing. Food Excellent, Wait staff excellent, wine excellent. And as we were staying a Tigh Mor we just had to walk 100 yards to get home.

1  Thank JenniferMary46
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Eaten here many times and have never been disappointed .tonight I had the special rib of beef,and homemade blueberry cheesecake ,must have had half a punnet of mouth popping blueberries.awesome. Steak as always cooked to perfection and melt in the mouth,perfectly seasoned in a pepper sauce.
One of my friends had the seabass (he,s a picky eater and he cleared his plate ) my other pal had a Cajun chicken served with sweet potatoes,the aroma from her plate made me want to swap,and my final friend had ordered the beef olives, plentiful servings of tender meatiness .needless to say we didn't have room for afters but had them anyway,3sticky toffee puddings ,one cheesecake and an icecream yes 5 desserts and four punters, I had to try the cheesecake ... Sticky toffee pudding in a bowl swimming in a rich syrup toffee sauce and the most perfect icecream.
We had a booking made at the last minute which could not be accommodated at the time we requested but the team jiggled us in at a time when they could and asked us to be flexible on leaving, we could we did and how perfect our evening was. I knew the food and service would not disappoint so we were more than happy to go when it was most convenient for the team.
Owner and master chef mark came out to welcome us as always and his wonderful staff of prasad and brook looked after us all evening,with impeccable service,charm and humour ,thanks chaps.
I feel sad that I haven't reviewed this restaurant before,as it is MY FAVOURITE place to eat locally,but I think this might be my only review of anywhere locally actually in the uk, so mark take note your place truly is my favourite.
It's situated in a wonderful part of the world Scott's bistro really is top of the trossachs for many reasons, go and you'll see what I mean. Believe me it's worth the journey.
Top quality food,freshly cooked to order and affordable. Brilliant staff throughout ,wonderful views,spotlessly clean premises, I cannot fault a thing about this place ....... I actually can't.
I'm already thinking of my next visit as I sit here rubbing my expanding waist line.
It's quite a small premis so you have to book and note to everyone they are closed on a Tuesday .
Thank you to my pals for making tonight special, but huge thanks to mark and his team for looking after us as always...sx

2  Thank shoneblether