“Nice restaurant”

Cafe Circa at the Atrium
Ranked #21 of 45 Restaurants in Callander
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Cafe Circa at the Atrium is a smart table service licenced restaurant, newly refurbished and spacious with comfortable seating and couches. The relaxing warm dining room has a great ambiance and nice views of Ben Ledi and the Crags. The food is freshly prepared and cooked to order, gluten free dining is the norm not the exception. Our menu is small and seasonal, guaranteed fresh. We use quality meats from an award winning local butcher and fresh Scottish landed fish from award winning local fish monger. The Home baking is done in-house daily and won a Scottish baking award last year.
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We visited for afternoon tea as we were treating ourselves. As stated upstairs in CCW outdoor clothing store. Orders taken at the counter then food is brought to your table. Nice bright seating area. Choice of sandwiches for afternoon tea so only two flavours. Both were very nice we had ham and mild mustard and egg and cress. Selection of scones and cakes. Slightly disappointed with the size of the scones as about half what I expected but that said I was full by the end. Also let down slightly by use of 'squirty' cream not real cream or clotted cream. That would have made a significant improvement in my view, especially as not the cheapest afternoon tea around. The cakes were excellent. All in all positive and we would go back.

• Visited September 2013

Northampton, UK
“Good for lunch, tea, coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Bright and airy coffee shop with the most amazing looking cakes and puds, not that we sampled those as the soups, sandwiches and toasties were more than enough for what we were looking for.
Choice of table and chair or sofa, and a very relaxed atmosphere.
Self serve, though hot meals are brought to the table when ready.

• Visited September 2013
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Possibly the best bannoffee pie in the world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I visited the cafe with my partner and 7 year old daughter in August, on our way home to England after a holiday in the Highlands.
The cafe is upstairs in CCW, n upmarket country clothing store, itself worth a look (some bargains to be had in the footwear department).
The cafe area is light and spacious and the cake display was just awesome! Everything looked so tempting it was hard to choose and the lady serving pointed out the ones that she had personally made that morning, so everything was fresh.
My daughter had a lemonade and scone with cream and jam, I had a coffee and bannoffee pie and my partner had a latte and a cake (which unfortunately now I can't remember!). The piece of pie I had was about 3 inches deep and about 4 inches wide. It was heavenly, rich and creamy, not over-heavy on the banana - possibly the best I'd ever had in fact.
Incidentally we didn't realise they did hot food, too, until we saw the man at the next table tucking into a cooked breakfast, which also looked really good.
Will definitely be back next time we're passing through Callendar!

• Visited August 2013
Glasgow
“Relaxed Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Good choice of food and drink, not to expensive.
I like the way I can sit upstairs and read a paper while my wife has "retail therapy" downstairs.

Visited August 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Not a bad choice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

As you would expect from a place called the Atrium it was bright sunny and open. The food was plentiful and of a good quality - however.

We sat down at a table and waited for 20 minutes for it to be cleared and cleaned even though staff cleared tables all around us. Then we ordered food. 20 minutes later it had not arrived. We complained to be told they didn't have a check for it even though we did. Seemingly it blew out the kitchen window.

Can I recommend this restaurant ? Well on the one hand it's value for money food but on the other the service leaves a lot to be desired. I read other reviews and in retrospect I would say if you are local and known you get looked after - if you look like a tourist then you don't.

On the occasion I have decided to factually recount my experience and let you the reader choose. I won't be going back though and I visit the area regularly

Visited August 2013