“Fast service, delicious food”
Review of Callander Meadows

Callander Meadows
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Callander
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This family run business opens for lunch and dinner with a lovely garden, serving light lunch, dinners freshly made cakes teas coffees and a fully licensed bar.Freshly cooked food in season and sourced local from Scotlands amazing larder.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We came through Callander as part of a tour to see Stirling Castle and take a boat ride on Loch Lomond. We just dipped into this place not knowing anything about it. We felt so lucky. The service was excellent and the food was hearty and tasty. This is a great place to stop in for lunch!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stopped by for coffee on a Sunday morning bunch ride and got a great welcome from the cyclist boss plus good service from the staff despite the fact they were clearly gearing up for a busy lunchtime. In the past we've been disappointed by a couple of places in Callender and favoured Aberfoyle. But the Meadows changed that.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I've just got back from an early dinner here and had to write it up straight away!
To put it bluntly, I cannot fault the Callander meadows at all. The lady serving us was lovely, the decor was pretty, and the food was amazing.
I had the fish pate followed by salmon and a Mississippi mud pie, everything was cooked perfectly and absolutely delicious. There is normally a weak link in three courses, but not here.
My boyfriend had ceaser salad, roast chicken and lemon cheesecake, and again was very happy with all three courses.
I'm annoyed that we live so far away!
The whole bill for three drinks and three courses came to much less than we expected, I would expect to pay double for such good quality in London. This place is an absolute gem. We will be trying to visit again!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great place to eat. Best steak I have tasted. If you can manage a dessert try the wave a small amount of each dessert on menu great for sharing. Nothing to dislike.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Very good food. Very good service. Good atmosphere and real fire.

I'm a reasonably regular visitor (several times per year for the last half dozen years) and I've never been disappointed. It's a cosy wee place and the owners are consistent in their quality. Staff has varied very little over the years and have always made me feel welcome. There are a decent selection of specials on top of a generous menu choice for this level of restaurant.

On the negative side it's a little small. The tables are quite compact and upright and as a six foot+ tall guy I have felt a bit uncomfortable when its busy. That said we've been in when it has just been us two sat by the fire on a winters night and it was just perfect.

Callander Meadows is a cut above the average and flatters the one AA rosette standard. I've had worse meals in places with two.