“Wonderful evening”

Ranked #5 of 45 Restaurants in Callander
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Great food and whisky bar in the heart of the Trossachs. Good places don't need loads of words. You just got to try it! Serving dinner from 17:30 every day, closed on Wednesday. Open for lunch on Sundays. Private lunch bookings are available, functions and small weddings too. Lovey lawn at the front of the building. Great to watch the world go by, with a glass of wine and nice dinner.
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I would like to recommend Poppies wholeheartedly having just enjoyed a superb quality meal with ambience and service to match. I have known this restaurant and hotel for a long time and one of their strengths is a consistently high standard. I can also endorse the hotel as, although I haven't stayed at Poppies, I have friends and family who have done so and could not praise it highly enough. This really is one of the top places in Callander.
Jenne McClure

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Location very good, cleanliness very good.
Meal disappointing, a complaint was dismissed by the waitress, but a major refund given by the owner. Overall value: have had better for les.

2  Thank Brian Michael T
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Had a very tasteless meal hear. Service was so rushed. Food had no taste and as for the portion size it was a joke. I have never seen such a small portion of chicken in all my life. would not recommend this place to anyone. I just wish I had had the nerve to complain.

3  Thank Davannda
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Poppies was recommended to us by 2 people at diferent places in Callander. We hadnt booked and although this wasn't a problem I'd recommend booking as the restaurant was busy the whole evening - on a Wednesday night and off season!. Nor was there a problem with me leaving my car in there overnight, which meant I could enjoy a drink with my meal.
There was a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Waiting in the bar area, you order from the menus, which have an excellent choice on both the al a carte and early evening, and have an aperitief so when you are seated at your table you recieve your starter (or main) straight away. The food was super - nice fresh ingredients, good presentation and well cooked.
Following our meal, we relaxed for a while at the bar, enjoying a chat with the owner,John. We even discussed a deal for staying on a return visit!
No hesitations in recommending this place and would be the first port of call when next in the area!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Poppies came highly recommended to us by the proprietors of our bed and breakfast and we were not disappointed. The menus change monthly, and there is also an "early" menu if you order before seven o'clock. Both my husband's and my meals were excellent.