“Fabulous”

Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Callander
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Venachar Lochside has a beautiful location on the banks of Loch Venachar, 10 minutes from Callander. Our menus offer fresh, seasonal and local produce. We have facilities for idyllic lochside weddings and functions in addition to great trout and pike fishing from both boat and bank.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

With a view to die for, this restaurant has friendly staff, a roaring log burner and food and snacks beyond expectation! The battered fish is the best we have ever eaten - and we live by the sea!
Glorious homemade cakes, great coffee, a good lounge area and have loch views on 3 sides.
It is autumn, the views were wonderful. We returned daily for meals or morning coffee breaks as the staff were so friendly, the food so good and nothing was too much trouble.
It is easy to drive past and not give a 2nd thought. Do stop! Prices are very reasonable so the quality comes as a surprise. Evening meals on Friday and Saturday but only on bookings. So book! We did and have no regrets.I recall that they are closed for December for refurb and holiday so check.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had lunch on a wet October day but the view was still breathtaking.Husband and I had the soup and it was delicious. This was followed by the sharing platter and again the food was lovely. One wee suggestion - soup was gluten free which was great but would have been nice to have had gluten free bread to go with it. We will definitely return.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I a light lunch here en-route on a trip up North.

Not only is the location beautiful, but the food was excellent (very fresh and delicious) but the staff were excellent also. We found them to be prompt, friendly and very welcoming.

Lastly, the price was more than reasonable. In fact, I actually had to ask the waitress to check the bill.

We would definitely return. It is out of the way for most people I guess, but well worth the diversion.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stopped in glorious weather for a coffee. Ended up having Cullen Skink soup followed by coffee and lemon ginger cake . Very friendly staff. We sat out on the decking balcony and the view on the loch was stunning.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This café is situated in one of the most beautiful locations. I have visited it several times and have always been impressed by the food. On my last visit I just had soup and cake and it did not disappoint. The lemon and ginger cake was amazing and the fresh cream chocolate sponge with strawberries was the best chocolate cake I have ever had.