“Ok”

Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Callander
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Venachar Lochside has a beautiful location on the banks of Loch Venachar, 10 minutes from Callander. Our menus offer fresh, seasonal and local produce. We have facilities for idyllic lochside weddings and functions in addition to great trout and pike fishing from both boat and bank.
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The location and service are very good, but the hot chocolate was a disappointment & the Victoria sponge was a little over cooked. But on balance worth a stop it ur passing.

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

My fiancée, son and I visited on our holiday for a light lunch one day, and were so impressed we booked up for the rest of our family for a Family meal. In total there were 6 adults, one child and two babies!
First of all the food is excellent. Some of the best food, and best valued, I have had for a long time. The daily specials are excellent. Make sure you at least have cake if you are only passing, as the cake selection alone is amazing.
The service was a little slow but the place got really busy, but the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Finally the location is stunning, I can see why couples decide to use the location to hold a wedding. Would definitely visit again, and would recommend to anyone, as would the whole family.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Had a beautiful walk on the other side of Loch Venacher and it would have been rude not to stop in for a coffee/cake after our walk. Stunning setting. There in winter and it will be beautiful in any season. Attractive modern building and can easily see its attraction for weddings and special occasions - must be lovely for some alfresco dining in the summer. Friendly staff and great service. We'll be back.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I had my wedding and 30th birthday (same day) at the harbour cafe last week and it was the most amazing day of my life. Alice went out her way to give me what I wanted and to fit it in to our budget. I was a nervous bride when it came to decor and all of the fine details but Alice was very patient with me and put me at ease. The staff were friendly and polite and made my special day all about my husband and I. I would recommend them to anyone! Still gushing from how amazing it all was. Mrs Sarah Bayley

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We used the guys from the Harbour cafe as the caterers for our wedding last week. We were too many people to use their venue but that did not stop fantastic food being made and served. We have also eaten at the harbour cafe and the food is fantastic.

Really well worth the visit. Thanks to Alice, Andy, Mark and Carolyn for making everything so amazing and trying to keep me stress free. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

1  Thank Nutbat