All reviews quiet street guest lounge guest house fresh fruit on arrival wonderful hosts host and hostess the main street delicious breakfast private bathroom a wonderful place to stay excellent stay high street full scottish warm welcome home made room was spotless
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a great stay at Annfield. Mac and Ania made us feel very welcome. They also were able to organize an early breakfast for us to ensure that we were able to catch our flight. This was much appreciated. Annfield is a great place for a holiday.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and it felt like we were lucky enough to be experiencing the best B&B in Scotland. I would recommend Annfield Guest House to everyone because our stay was absolutely fantastic and ticked all the right boxes - from the perfect location to the stunning rooms and unrivalled hospitality, we will definitely be revisiting. We stayed in Room 5 which was at the top of the house and is spacious, well furnished and has great views. The beds were comfortable, the towels were soft and even the hospitality tray was a brilliant touch. Mac and Ania are the best hosts, nothing was ever too much trouble for them and they genuinely cared about all of their guests. The breakfast was superb and with Mac's delicious cooking and Ania's witty and outstanding service, it was a very enjoyable experience (I would definitely recommend the eggs)! If you're thinking of booking here, you won't be disappointed. Just let Annfield Guest House, Mac and Ania prove it to you.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed for 1 night in June 2013.

We arrived late afternoon to be greeted with a complimentary drinks and cakes. Our room, which was at the top of the house, was clean and spacious. The whole house is well maintained and decorated in keeping with its Victorian heritage.

The breakfast was excellent with good quality ingredients.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have stayed at Annfield before. As a registered tourist guide I am lucky enough to stay at some of the best accommodation in Scotland and Annfield ticks all the boxes.. and much, much more.
From the moment you walk through the gate into a beautiful well tended and much loved garden you are about to experience, in my opinion, the best bed and breakfast in Scotland. The rooms are spacious with extremely comfortable beds and excellent showers,soft fluffy towels and face flannels topped with a sweet treat. Breakfast is a wonderful start to the day and as good, if not better than some 5 star hotels, with a delicious buffet choice of cereals, fruits and juices served from a gorgeous antique dresser then to the cooked food which is plentiful and beautifully presented.The scrambled eggs are perfect and even more tasty with smoked salmon! The dining room is very relaxing and breakfast really does set you up for the day exploring the area. There is also a residents lounge with a complimentary sherry if you wish before you set off to dinner in one of the many fine eateries in Callander and Mac and Anna are happy to recommend places to suit your requirements.
This is a truly excellent place to stay and relax. Enjoy!
Mac and Anna run a superb bed and breakfast and I promise you the experienceis excellent.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night in July as part of a motorcyle touring trip and would definitely recommend this guest house to family and friends - it's absolutely fantasic.
Situated in the centre of Callander on a quiet residential road, the Annfield is an absolute gem.
It's obvious that the owners, Anna and Mac, care dearly about their business and they have clearly invested time, money and love into the guest accommodation. I was met with a warm welcome and offered afternoon tea on my arrival which was a lovely gesture,
The double room I stayed in was spacious, spotlessly clean and finished to the standard of a 5 star boutique hotel. Everything I needed and more.Large, comfairtable bed, quality linen and towels and free wi-fi.
The guest lounge is beautifully decorated with period features and is well stocked with books, board games and DVD's, along with complimentary sherry and chocolates!
Breakfast was superb and set me up for the whole day. The produce was fresh, plentiful and of excellent quality.
The owners were very friendly and keen to ensure I was satisfied throughout my stay. I have to applaud them fior the effort they take to run such a fantastic place and can't enthuse enough about the Annfield.
Don't take my word for it though - go and experience this beautiful house for yourself.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends