“Stick to the fish and chips”
Review of Mhor Fish

Mhor Fish
Ranked #7 of 45 Restaurants in Callander
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“Stick to the fish and chips”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Our family ate here twice during our holiday. Our son and his girlfriend stopped for a fish supper (as they are known in Scotland) and loved them so we went back another evening for a sit down meal. As it was a Saturday night we rang ahead to book and I would advise you to do the same as the seating area is small. The fish and chips were great but the squid rings were disappointing. So our advice would be to stick to what Mhor does best. It's not the cheapest chip shop in the world but the quality is good.

1 Thank Gillian M

• Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Parallel universe”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had read some of the negative reviews and I think I must have slipped into a parallel universe. This place is simply great! Great fish great seafood nice staff even spotless toilets. I also thought the prIces were very reasonable
Simple straightforward no pretension what more do you want.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Slow and poor service”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

On driving back from Glencoe on Mon 21st July 2014, my wife and I and our two kids decided to stop at Mhor Fish in Callander for takeaway fish and chips at around 7pm. The decor and exterior of the shop looked inviting and promising. The shop was not busy to any great extent but we had to wait 30 mins for the fish and chips to be cooked. It was a ridiculous wait for takeaway food. During this wait, the young guy serving behind the counter launched into a propoaganda pitch regarding the independence referendum in Scotland, asking how we were voting and why England have been ripping Scots off for decades. Whilst I appreciate we are in the midst of a political discussion regarding the future of Scotland, I don't necessarily want to have the virtues of the 'Yes' and 'No' camps rammed down my neck whilst I patiently wait to be served. Other customers entered the shop during the 30min wait, including a family from England. How they were made to feel about Scotland and the people in it after the discussion that followed, was embarassing to say the least. In short, whilst the surroundings were very pleasant, the service was shocking and the time we were asked to wait was ridiculous. Must try harder...

2 Thank ARankin88
“Delicious gluten-free takeaway meal”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Beautiful grilled fish from the takeaway counter, accompanied by delicious vegetables (broccoli, carrots and pak choi) and homemade tartare sauce - very gratefully received by our family, 3 out of 4 of us being coeliacs! Thank you.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Gillian M
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Not very welcoming”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The prices appear to be expensive for what is a chip shop. We walked in and out as the staff were very gruff and unfriendly.

Visited July 2014