“Nice place for a family lunch”

The Old Bank Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 45 Restaurants in Callander
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stopped in for lunch during a visit to Callander. Seated very quickly, by friendly waitress.
Ordered macaroni for my daughter, my partner had gammon steak and i had a brie & bacon panini.
Didn't have to wait too long for food. Partner thoroughly enjoyed his gammon steak, egg was cooked perfectly too! My panini was delicious, couldn't fault it.
My daughter didn't enjoy the macaroni, but thats just her being fussy!
Staff were all very friendly and made us feel very welcome.
Would definitely return.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were on an outing and booked this restaurant for afternoon tea. The food was piping hot and service was excellent. All the staff engaged, and yes a few of them were quite young, however they were very professional, taking time to speak to us and keeping us informed on what was happening in the kitchen. Quality of food was excellent, we had a ham salad, fish and chips, steak pie all of which were served promptly and with a smile.
Drinks offered as soon as we were all seated.
Tea and Coffee offered with food or when we had cakes etc. Refills no issue. Second round of cakes also no problem.
Could not fault this in any way.
Would recommend this on any day trip

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Food was great ordered the quiche salad an prices are very reasonable. Most of the waitresses were lovely and happy to help with any problems I had and a few questions apart from one. She was about 18 had glasses and wasn't very helpful or manner able to me or my 2 friends. One of which was foreign and didn't understand very well she wasn't helpful and was always stroppy and giving table bad looks from counter was not impressed would of left a tip but her service was NOT good

3  Thank Samdovk22
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Cannot understand a negative review of this place! The food and service are great.
We always stop off here on our way up to the highlands.
I have never seen such salad variety and my husband says the steak pie is great too.
The staff are lovely and cannot do enough for you.
Go, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My partner had just run a half marathon so was ravenous, but don't hold your breath while waiting to be served in here - we saw another couple leave out of frustration. The staff were not particularly polite and didn't seem to care much about customer service. The food was below average and not good value for money. A shame.

1  Thank AngelaGB77