“Really warm and friendly atmosphere, the staff were excellent , the food was excellent.”

The Old Bank Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 45 Restaurants in Callander
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Was told by a friend to visit this restaurant when in Callander and glad I took her advise. Lovely warm and friendly atmosphere , (log burning fire ), staff could not do more , very good selection of food on menu . I chose seafood platter (Excellent) , my wife chose a steak which she said was also excellent !! ( I Never even got a taste ) . This was followed by 2 wonderful helpings of homemade apple pie and custard, topped off with 2 lovely glasses of the house red wine . All I can say is this is a real restaurant, no pub grub here. Take my advice and enjoy as we did .

1  Thank 690martym

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stopped for lunch in Callander, and thought I would try out the old Bank looks grand outside but inside in my mind it’s more a café the atmosphere is on the cold side and some music wouldn’t go a miss
Smiles and a hello from the friendly staff but my menu was dirty and starting to fall apart and, the food was just average.

Before I left I visited the gent’s toilet and found mould over the tiled walls around the urinals not a pretty site I believe that if I saw this at first I would have walked out, if they can’t keep clean what we can see I start to think about what is kitchen like?

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stopped in to get out of the rain and had some lovely soup and hot chocolate. The soup came with some hearty locally baked bread which was a nice touch. The staff were average, it seemed like they were more interested in eating haloween candy in the back than serving the tables and the place was slightly lacking in atmosphere.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Tried seafood platter for something different. Presented on a slab of slate. Made up for the rain outside.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a very nice lunch here on Saturday. With the start of Autumn, something warm was needed and the haddock fishcakes were absolutely right - really tasty - went well with the 2 glasses of wine.

Service was excellent - the girls were really friendly and efficient. Sitting by the cake counter - I can honestly say I've never seen such huge looking cake, though being full with the first course, we didn't try.

As a previous reviewer said though, there is something plain about the decor, which doesn't draw you in in the way you'd hope and is the only thing that stops me marking it as excellent.

I'd definitely go back though if passing through Callendar again.