Crags Hotel
$169
Travelocity
$81
  • Breakfast included
Rob Roy Hotel(Aberfoyle)(Great Value!)
$80
Cromlix(Kinbuck)
$448
Old Churches House Hotel(Dunblane)(Great Value!)
$83
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfriendly localsitison voucherblack puddingfour poster bedsmall barloved this hotelopen firenice stayboth morningshaggisfamily roombreakfast was excellenton arrivallovely hotelthe main streetground floorshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2013

a belated anniversary weekend away had to make a quick booking as booking for original hotel mucked up. couldn't have chosen a better hotel staff were polite friendly. it was as you expect a highland hotel to be quirky and scottish humour i:e deer antlers on stairs with plaque 'bmw series a84 18th november 2007' tickled my sense of humour. situated centre of town on main street great for shops tea rooms etc. and your a stones throw from the most beautiful country side hills and glens you will ever visit

Room Tip: top floor had nice view from window of the crags and noise from bar etc minimal
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Having booked on the basis of previous reviews we were extremely disappointed with the decor and the furnishings in the bedroom - we haven't seen that style in a hotel for at least 30 years. The bar which most reviews described as full of friendly locals was, on our visit full of fairly inebriated customers whose language left a lot to be desired - especially for the ladies in our company. Breakfast was the highlight of our stay apart from the strong refusal to serve it before 8.30. We are most surprised that this hotel has been awarded 3 star rating by the Scottish tourist board.

• Stayed: June 2013
19  Thank Dbyu
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed on our way up to the highlands in May 2013. The weather was wet but a warm welcome was awaiting us. The locals were friendly in the cosy lounge and the service was excellent. The food was especially good cooked by the owner we can strongly recommend eating at the hotel as service was very friendly as well. We would definitely go out of our way to call again.We stayed in the four poster room which was lovely

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We arrived on a Sunday afternoon and were welcomed by smiling/friendly staff and shown to a huge room above the pub. Noise was never a problem for us especially we were there during the week. Our room was clean and tidy. The bed was deliciously comfortable and there was always tea, coffee and biscuits in the room for our enjoyment.
The best part however was the enthuiasm of the owner Alex. He and his wife and crew made us feel so at home. The food offered in the restaurant was excellent and the complimentary full scottish breakfast was delicious especially the potato scones.
We always felt welcomed in the pub by the locals and the prime location for hiking made it the
perfect place to stay. Cheers to Alex et all.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very pleased to find this place finally. I travel up and down to the west coast of Scotland regularly and often need somewhere for either myself or friends and family to stay on the way which is good quality and more importantly good value!

It was a snowy sunday night and a last minute enquiry which was treated with an excellent level of friendly service, which you dont always find up in these parts in winter. The owner Alex (I think...) was a very charming and welcoming character who kindly did me good last minute deal for a double room for the night and breakfast before my onward journey.

I enjoyed the clean, spacious and well decorated room with en suite where i was able to have a nice relaxing bath to relax from the days driving. I visited the bar for a short while that evening where i found a very nice young bar maid from france and some friendly locals, i felt it had a nice lived in atmosphere which would encourage me to visit again.

the bed was very comfy and the room warm which is always a winner for me and I had a lovely breakfast given by the french lady which was a brilliant start to my day.

I would reccomend the crags to anyone wanting a good value genuine Scottish hotel experience and I look forward to my next stay when I am passing at the right time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo