“Love this place!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ginasherg...
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Love this place!”
Reviewed March 26, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We’ve visited a few times now and absolutely love it. Lovely village and local attractions which perfect for couples or families with children and the house was great as always :)
Thanks again!

tia123456
torquay
“Xmas 2017 and New Year stay”
Reviewed January 18, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Good location. Good size rooms - comfortably accommodated 2 families with 3 children over the Xmas holidays and also large enough for us to invite 6 adults for dinner. For the price no complaints. Everything you needed. Just requires a bit of update and showers need a bit more power. Would recommend.

juliette...
Domfront, France
“Holiday spoilt by owners negligence.”
Reviewed September 13, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Pleasant Maris, at East Ogwell in Devon over the late August bank holiday weekend, with my 3 grandchildren and 2 of my children. We would have overlooked the lack of general cleanliness and the overflowing wheelie bin outside the front door, but with just a brief holiday together, a lot of time was wasted, and I experienced a lot of distress, and missed going to Dartmoor Zoo with all the others due to:-
Failure of the cottage owner to have sufficient money on the prepay meter for electricity supply for my stay- £1:35 upon arrival, for 3 nights and days with 3 adults and 3 small children! (electric cooker and electric hot water heaters)
Failure of the cottage owner to be contactable on the Saturday for any help after my initial phone call at about 10:30 am, at which time I informed him that, despite putting £10 on the meter key at Asda, the meter was now only reading 88p.
Failure of the cottage owner to give me advice that was of any help. His advice, at the time of my one and only phone conversation with him was to put another £ 10 on the meter key (now £20 spent, which has to be cash for this meter key loading) and this will solve the problem. It did not. With £20 on the key, the meter was still at 88p
Failure of the cottage owner to answer my 11 phone calls to his mobile or landline phones, text message or voice mail messages, 1 left on his mobile, and 1 left on his landline. Even though he knew that I had a problem, there was no response for 5 hours after I’d followed his advice and tried the meter with £20 on it. Problem was resolved by me phoning the electricity supply company, and their goodwill and appreciation of the major electrical supply problem that I was facing.
Failure of the cottage owner to acknowledge or care about my distress, and time wasted, sorting out his problem, and facing no electricity imminently, with 3 small children to care for.
I note that there was a similar problem due to the negligence of this landlord for Iolamiko, last year, and Manfred Tunney in June 2017
I would strongly advice against choosing this property for your holiday.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Sep 21, 2017
As patiently and politely advised previously there was NO problem with the electricity at any time so this review comes as something of a surprise. The guest was told simply and clearly about the meter, and was specifically advised to go out and enjoy the day as there was nothing to worry about. We are puzzled as to why this advice was ignored. Literally hundreds of guests have stayed happily in the cottage and enjoyed this beautiful area over the past thirteen years so we are sorry this guest felt unable to do the same. You can't please everybody, I suppose.
mrturtle1...
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
“Wonderful carefree accomodation”
Reviewed July 4, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My wife and I have three kids under 7. So accommodation has to be spot on. And it was. Everything you needed was there, so zero hassle. We just enjoyed ourselves, and the cottage is so well placed in Ogwell, that you can drive to most local locations in less that 20 minutes, which again, helped with the board kids!. I would go again no worries.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Sep 21, 2017
Lovely to hear this. We are so pleased you enjoyed the cottage and the local area - we try hard over the small details and it is nice that this is appreciated. It goes without saying you would be welcomed back any time.
lbastianm...
Melbourne, Australia
“Family friendly, large and comfy house”
Reviewed January 30, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Gorgeous country village, quiet and surrounded by lovely woods to walk in. There are five bedrooms, two double with robes and three single so suited our family really well. Loved the open fireplace! Good value.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Feb 4, 2017
Thanks for this. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great Christmas in Ogwell. We would love to see you again.
Jaziiboo
“Perfect family break away”
Reviewed October 8, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Pleasant Maris is a lovely, spacious, cosy cottage, and my family had a wonderful week there in September. It had everything we could need or want, comfortable beds (including a travel cot which we hadn't expected, perfect for our 2 year old) wood and kindling in the garage for the open fire, big enclosed garden, and a general warm and cosy feel. There was a box of toys in the living room which my son loved, and I particularly enjoyed sitting in the conservatory taking in the gorgeous view with a coffee in the mornings. We found was that our phone signal was limited at the property, but this was kind of ideal for us anyway as we just wanted to get away from everything and spend some quality family time together. I would absolutely recommend staying here and will definitely be returning next year!

Oct 8, 2016
Hello Jazz. Thank you for this and we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday. See you next year!
Dandimatt...
“Great holiday.”
Reviewed October 8, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Wicked time, plenty of room and cosy feel, highly recommended :) would love to come again next year.

Oct 8, 2016
Hello Dan. Great to hear you had a good time at Pleasant Maris. We would love to welcome you back again. See you again in the Spring.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing