“Fantastic Venue !!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Hi To anyone who is reading this report, we have just held our Daughters 18th Birthday gathering of Family and Friends at "The Pen Inn" originally booked for 18 then just a few days before we added an extra 6, no problem they said we will accommodate you. We asked if we could come in earlier that day to decorate with balloons and banners etc... and again no problem! Once we had done all of the party decorating and so on the room that they had allocated to us looked really great!! When all the party had arrived we all looked at the main menu and the specials board ( I recommend looking at the specials board!!) when we all had made our choices and put the order in ALL 24 of us where served about 30-35 mins after placing the order with NO DELAY from first till last!! and the most important thing was there was NO complaints by anyone of the large group of 24!! so that some's it up really, A really great place to hold a family or friends venue with great atmosphere and GREAT FOOD at REALLY GREAT PRICES!!! We will be going back again very soon with just a small group of 6. Last but not least was the staff they all helped make our night something really great. Thank you Pen Inn xx

There are newer reviews for The Pen Inn

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I dined tonight with my friend when we came in we were greeted by carol who has a fantastic welcoming mannerism.
We ordered our food and didn't have to wait long I had the steak it was cooked to my liking it was very tasty excellent for the price being 2 for 1 my friend had the garlic chicken which she enjoyed we then shared a pudding as very full but it was well worth it gorgeous for food value for money.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We went for my grandmother's 93rd birthday meal. We had Sunday carvery and it was good.
We ordered just 2 desserts afterwards and were waiting about 20 mins for the desserts. We mentioned we were waiting and still they did not appear, so we decided to leave. Just as we got our coats, the desserts turned up. As my Husband had already gone up to the bar to ask them to refund the desserts, just as they turned up! I said to the bar tender that we had been waiting a long time and that we should get the refund anyway. I was told how busy they were with Christmas party guests in the other side of the building etc. etc. no apology from him at all. He was just happy to argue with back at me. It is not the customers problems they are too busy, they obviously don't have enough staff covering. They should also have communicated with us to tell us the would be a delay but nothing was said. Trained customer service staff do not argue with customers. i have been in customer service for over 20 years and know that in those situations you say sorry to the customer if they are unhappy even if you have a valid reason. I know that if I spoke to my guests like he spoke to me, I would not have a job for very long!!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I visited the Pen Inn as part of a fairly large group and can recommend it as a place to enjoy decent no frills pub grub. The menu seems to be an ever changing mix of specials on little blackboards; I would have to return to see how many of these change. They operate a 2 for 1 thing on their main courses which is fine with a group but may impact on solo dining.
Don't expect fine dining here, but if you are in need of better food than the place with a large M outside you could do much worse than this.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We often pop into the Penn Inn, sometimes 2 or 3 times a week. The 2 4 1 offer is great, and I don't feel too guilty about not cooking. The food is always good, always hot and the staff are always friendly, polite and curious. Would highly recommend for good food and a atmosphere.