“Excellent.”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife myself my daughter and grandson went to the Bickley Mill on Sunday for Mothers day lunch and what a good choice we made. The ambiance was excellent and the food from the set menu from the starter to the main course was superb the staff where very attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them. A nice touch at the end of the meal all the Mothers were given a bunch of Daffodils all in all a nice lunch time enjoyed by all of us we shall certainly return.

There are newer reviews for Bickley Mill Inn

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I reported on this 2012 and gave it a poor rating but a recent visit and also by other members of the family at different times have won various plaudits. A recent voucher scheme has resulted in the restaurant being crowded so it is best to book. Their menu is conventional but well presented.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We have just returned from a holiday in Compton and visited Bickley Mill Inn twice in four days. On both occasions the staff were fantastic - friendly, attentive and very efficient. The meals we had were wonderful - the steak meal was cooked to perfection and the braising steak was so tender and full of flavour. The vegetables were fresh and cooked beautifully. The Inn was warm and cosy and full of happy customers on both occasions. We will definitely be returning for food at Bickley Mill Inn when we are next in the area.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Couldn't ask for a nicer place, both the food and service are top quality, if you ever visit Torbay and fancy something special, it's only a short drive away and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We took our family to the Bickley Mill yesterday for Sunday lunch, my son, daughter in law and 2 grandchildren aged 4 and 9 years. When we rang to book they suggested 1.15pm time to arrive. We were shown to our table and waited a while, but no one came to take our order for drinks or food so I asked a waitress passing by if we could order. (The restaurant had a few empty tables so they were'nt that busy.) We waited 45 minutes before the food arrived, adults can wait, but the little ones were hungry so we were not very impressed with the long wait. 3 adults had the beef roast dinner at £11.95, very poor and not worth the money with 2 smallish slices of roast beef, 4 medium roast potatoes, a scoop of squash and definitely not enough gravy. We had one medium sized bowl of veg between all of us.
Onto desserts. My son who is a real chocoholic and husband chose their white chocolate bomb which looked wonderful. My husband broke his very easily as it was quite thin, my son could'nt break his even with a knife and when he did half of it hit him leaving a lovely greasy mark on his jumper and trousers then fell onto the floor, a complete waste and he was pretty embarrassed as other diners had seen what had happened nearby. The chocolate was so thick he had trouble even biting the remaining bit. I mentioned what had happened to one of the waitresses nearby, but she didnt seem to know what to do. I mentioned it again to the, I think, owner who was walking past who didnt say very much, but he did bring out another bomb upside down on the plate this time. We still had trouble cutting into this one as we all tried and in the end my daughter in law picked it up with her fingers and bit into it, not really how you want to eat a dessert! All very disappointing and the roast dinner far too expensive for what we had.

1  Thank Mags16612
James W, Owner at Bickley Mill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Mags
I am sorry you were disappointed by your recent visit to the pub. We were not particularly busy on Sunday so if you found the service to be slow then that was entirely our fault. I would however like to point out that the roast beef is in fact £10.95 and not £11.95 as you stated. You also decided not to mention the home made Yorkshire pudding. The purée was sweet potato and I am not aware of a pub that would give out more than four roast potatoes per person-maybe a carvery?
It was me, the owner who served you the other chocolate bomb, We have learnt from this to make sure we let them sit at room temperature for a while before serving! I also heard your comment about the food taking a long time. We checked our camera and your food was served 18 minutes after ordering and not the 45 minutes that you stated in your review. Enough said!